CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oil Change Mess

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Change Mess

Does anyone know the size of the Oil Reservoir Drain Plug in front of the bike. I'm tired of the mess everytime I change my oil. Want to install some sort of Valve that I can attach a hose or control the flow but don't know the size of the bolt.

Thank you.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Oil Change Mess

It should be 1/4 inch pipe on the bottom of the tank, install a nipple and a chunk of hose below the frame with a plug , that should do it.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Oil Change Mess

Not sure on the size of the plug. I used a Fram sure drain on mine a couple of years ago. Works great and no mess. Just take out the plug and match it up with one at a parts store. Just dug up one of my old posts under my old user name. Maybe this will help Link

Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?
Default Oil Change Mess

3/8"

Old 10-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Oil Change Mess

I knew I was close, leave it to a professional[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Oil Change Mess

Hi Guys thank you very much for your help. I bought the sure drain but it was the wrong size, and I guess they don't make them anymore because kragen, autozone and pepboys were out. I found 1 at a pepboys and it was in their price cut section, after talking to their sales guy they said they no longer carry it. Thanks to pipelayer giving me the correct size I was able to come up with my own setup. I'll let you know how it works on my next oil change.

Thank you all once again for your help, you guys ROCK!!

Old 10-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!
Default Oil Change Mess

Are you worried at all about losing the magnetic ability of that plug though? I would be since it can grab bad little pieces of debris. Just a thought.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default Oil Change Mess

Hi SilverBomb the Main drain plug under the quad is still in place and I opted not to replace this one exactly for that purpose. The only one I replaced was the plug in the reservoir. Most of the little metal debree is caught in the main drain plug. Everytime I change the oil, the reservoir plug is clean. But thank you. Hey quick question, how big of a difference did your JE piston make from the stock one?

Old 10-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!
Default Oil Change Mess

That is a great question that I cannot yet answer. I just barely got the DS back together last night and today after work I am going to start breaking it in. I'll let you know asap though. From what I hear it is quite a difference but I'll let you know from first hand later on. I will really find out if it makes a difference at the sand dunes tomorrow, climbing the big hill at Sand Mountain Utah.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?
Default Oil Change Mess

You can install the plug in the ball valve and keep the valve on, that way you can get the best of both worlds. Its also good to have the plug in just in case it gets bumped by a --------- friend you no those people that hafto touch things that dont belong to them.

Quick Reply: Oil Change Mess