CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

water pours out radiator but it is not hot? what is going on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:43 PM
916 Reaper - Pure Evil Inside!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default water pours out radiator but it is not hot? what is going on?

I had my Predator head dyed and pressure checked when it was doing about the same thing. Come to find out there was a really fine crack around one of the exhaust valves. Take it to another shop. It can be done.

Chris

Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is interesting. A crack near the exhaust valve caused the water to not get warm in the radiator? how does that work? Not saying it isn't possible but I don't understand it.

Do you know if your water pump pushing water?

If you do have circulation, the water in the radiator should be getting warm.

I wonder if it is possible for the water pressure to expand enough around the cylinder and head in the event that there isn't flow to creat enough hydrolic pressure on the cooler water in the radiator to pop the cap?

Are you 100% sure about all your symptoms? If you let the bike idle for 5 min is the water still cold in the radiator?

Old 11-16-2007, 01:35 PM
916 Reaper - Pure Evil Inside!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I was in the "typing zone" looking at 4 different sites at once. Mine was squirting out the overflow like a high pressure hose, not like his.

More to show the head can be pressure tested and or dye tested, since his shop says there is no way to check the head.

Chris

Old 11-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Trailblazer

at idle cap off the radiator and full of fluids i is fine if i rev it up it pushes the fluid out of the radiator.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

you said you flushed the radiator was ther stuff in it? and do you know that you are getting the right amount of flow through the radiator?

Old 11-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mikesbikesmalden

at idle cap off the radiator and full of fluids i is fine if i rev it up it pushes the fluid out of the radiator.</end quote></div>

I get that, but after the bike is fully warmed up to the point the fan comes on......... is the water still cool in the radiator?

What I am trying to discern is whether you are letting the bike run long enough to actually open the thermostat or not when you are checking the temp of the water in the radiator.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer

with thermostat in or out it still does it the fluid is flowing nice inside you can see it swairling i even drained it down some to view it better. all hoses are the same temp as the radiator. nothing came out when flushed i flushed it every way possible thru every hose it now has a new radiator and still does it i did find my over flow resivior was full and the lid blocked off but now it pushes water out the little hole in the little hole on it now it i leave te over flow hose off the radiator it pushed water out that spot only when i rev it up hard. worked on it all da yesterday and toda im still puzzled

Old 11-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Pressurize the cylinder with air,say 130lbs or so, if it still does it then its a gasket or a crack. that easy.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Trailblazer

put 145lbs the the plug hole with pistone in every postion possible no bubbles came out the radiator at all this atv can sit three days and there is still alot of preasure in the radiator when i pop the cap off im gonna pull the motor off and apart anf go thru it.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mikesbikesmalden

with thermostat in or out it still does it the fluid is flowing nice inside you can see it swairling i even drained it down some to view it better. all hoses are the same temp as the radiator. nothing came out when flushed i flushed it every way possible thru every hose it now has a new radiator and still does it i did find my over flow resivior was full and the lid blocked off but now it pushes water out the little hole in the little hole on it now it i leave te over flow hose off the radiator it pushed water out that spot only when i rev it up hard. worked on it all da yesterday and toda im still puzzled</end quote></div>

One more time....

If you warm the bike all the way up so that the fan comes on, is the water in the radiator still cool?

Quick Reply: water pours out radiator but it is not hot? what is going on?