CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Thunder Alley Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
916 Reaper - Pure Evil Inside!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thunder Alley Pipe

ripds650.

Sorry to let ya dowm but I got an OMW/HPR 730 kit, race ported +1 head, and HR4 cams on the way from Eric.

Dragon,

Gonna try and get it tomorrow, if I can get to the post office before the close. Also tring to get a time slot on the dyno for next Thursday.

Will keep ya informed.

Chris

Old 01-23-2008, 07:28 AM

Picked the pipe up today, and I like it, I-like-it-a-lot! Pics in gallery (approved-pics 2-4).

Weighed in at 5 pounds even on my scale. haven't weighed the stocker yet.

Should have the DS back tomorrow and get it on and see how loud it is. Been told 104+.

Chris

Old 01-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to dyno one of these . Looks like a good design for power.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:12 AM

Will hopefully have it on the dyno next Thursday.

Chris

Old 01-30-2008, 11:56 AM

***Pics installed pending***

OK, got the Thunder Alley all sorted out and the Lectron jetted properly with the wideband.

The pipe is just awesome. Great craftsmanship. We did have to make some minor adjustments to the 2 mounting brackets. The lower mount we had to grind a bit off due to it hitting the frame and not allowing the upper bracket to to line up. The upper bracket was about 1/4" off, so we had to redrill it a little. It is tight in a couple of places. Overall, that didn't bother me much.

The overall finish, I got ceramic coated, is nice. It doesn't look like the pics some posted of the Moore coating, but I like it. The pipe still has a "works" look to it. A little rough, but I think it looks "mean"!

The Thunder Alley weighed in at 5 pounds even on my scale, and the stock w/HPR end cap came in at 10.8 pounds. So I am having McDonald's tonight...LOL!!

When I first got the DS all back together, I ran the stock carb/stock exhaust w/HPR end cap. Then switched the stock carb out for the Lectron. Finally Lectron/Thunder Alley. Rode the bike around a bit for each stage to get a feel for the power. Each stage netted a nice increase in power and pull. I had a few friends around and let them ride it through the stages. We all agreed that the Lectron/Thunder Alley pulled the hardest and longest with power brought on smooth, but a lot of it.

The power is awesome. Goobs of low mid and some top as well. I would compare it to an HMF/End Cap, but better! If you like the HMF/End Cap you will love this pipe! more bottom-mid, and a lot more top end.

The pipe is LOUD! When we first put it on it had a loud bark. Has mellowed out a little. After tunning, I was thinking HMF, but LOUDER, and a little more rasp to it.

They are hand built to order. Bob (owner) at Thunder Alley is great to talk to and knows how to make a pipe. He asks you some questions and then makes the pipe you need. He can make a pipe for any single 4-stroke. Most quads he doesn't do a head pipe, just the the slip on. If you get just the "works" finish, you are probably looking at around 7-10 days turnaround. Coated, give it about a month (a lot depends on the coater he uses).

Pipe "works" finish - $245

Ceramic Coated (inside and out) - $70

Shipping within US - $15

Final thoughts - EXTREMELY HAPPY!! Like I said if you like the HMF/End Cap you'll LOVE the Thunder Alley! But, it is one loud ****!

I did a vid of some drive-bys, but YouTube is taking forever! When it finally uploads I will post the link.

Chris

Old 01-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Nice write up man, How much louder then the HMF do you think it is? Just a guess

Old 01-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Quite a bit! You are definitely not gonna pass any sound checks with it on. If I had to guess I would say 104-107 dbs +. We have no sound limits here, so I was not worried about dbs when I ordered it.

Chris

**Pics Approved***

Old 01-30-2008, 02:16 PM

Video

Can kind of get a feel for the tone and loudness. The only problem with exhaust clips is they pretty much all sound the same.

Chris

Old 01-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Range Rover

that sounds effin sweet

Old 01-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Range Rover

Sounds and looks good. Good to see another option.

Quick Reply: Thunder Alley Pipe