CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

KMS EFI fuel pump specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Range Rover
Has a DS 800 Turbo Nitrous EFI money eating monster!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS EFI fuel pump specs

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] KMS use a napa fuel pump 55 psi you have to run the return back to the tankdo not try to tee it in the supply line it dosen't work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Range Rover
Has a DS 800 Turbo Nitrous EFI money eating monster!

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]the stock stator will work I have been looking for a bmw stator with no luck also no luck in rewinding one

Old 12-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

If tee doesn't work, I would have to drill the tank and install a return nipple, high enough [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
The BMW tank is made of plastic and has an aeromotive type of cap, no breather hose :-S
Maybe I will try to drill the cap mount, under the key lock and install a "breather" hose [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for the specs of the pump.
I managed to locate a Walbro equivalent (~37gph@55psi / 13.5v /~5.5amps) in ebay for $100.
I am pretty sure the fuel regulator can handle it (0-140psi).

Regarding the GS stator, try searching the ebay in DE or UK.
I think I saw a stator some days ago, if not vanished, maybe it is relisted.
I will check again.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I tried to pm you but mine runs a 125 psi echlin E8228 fuel pump the one kms installed fell flat before the bike made its first pass. it is now almost 2 years old and the Echlin "NAPA" pump still runs great. And i run some of the nastyiest fuel a pump will ever encounter. Alcahol,U4,purple haze,89 chevron pump gas.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Try contacting Sandaholic via PM. He may have what your looking for.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks AZSAND for the pump info.
What is the pressure of your fuel system or the rating of your pressure regulator, is it more than 50.76psi (3.5bar) ?

Old 12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can't see my regulator its under my tank but i will be removing it this week and get you that info we have rebuilt my whole system...from kms.the only or part that is kms is the throttle body and a few misa. parts most have been replaced due to quality issues.For example the kms oil conversion use aprox.1.3 quarts oil to lube the turbo mine uses 1 pint. and is no where as gaudy looking as kelly's. and my turbo is over two yeas old. Im not realy upset with them any more i just wanted a working system..And have susceeded...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AZSAND

I can't see my regulator its under my tank but i will be removing it this week and get you that info we have rebuilt my whole system...from kms.the only or part that is kms is the throttle body and a few misa. parts most have been replaced due to quality issues.For example the kms oil conversion use aprox.1.3 quarts oil to lube the turbo mine uses 1 pint. and is no where as gaudy looking as kelly's. and my turbo is over two yeas old. Im not realy upset with them any more i just wanted a working system..And have susceeded...[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Is your TURBO DS650 a draw or blow thru?
Can it be done with a carb instead of efi?
Is it for drag racing only?

And finally, is it obtainable at a reasonable cost?

I sure would like to see a picture(s) of it regardless. Sounds very interesting.

Thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

Yes AZ, I agree you should post a photos page for your bikes. We would all like to see these beast's.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have tried and tried to no avail but there are alot of pics of my bike running on domevalleyraceway.com the big bike and the little bikes.including a 4.0 pass where the front wheels were in the air so the back tires made the light.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] they are the only black ds's on the site. and the monorail is the wicked'st ds with a factory based engine you will ever see.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: KMS EFI fuel pump specs