CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Everyone with the 450's

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone with the 450's

My names Jared and im new to the forum as well as my ds 450x. I bought it without any reviews seeing noone has these yet. So I guess we can all talk here about what we think, problems, mods ect.

First off day 1 I already have a problem with my clutch. When taking off, as soon as you start to release the clutch it makes a sort of squealing squaking sound. Does it less if you baby the clutch out. Also does it when downshifting into high rpms. The dealer thinks its a dry clutch plate, but isn't sure because BRP is closed for Good Friday. Other than that I think everything is ok except for the lack of bottom end torque. Not saying it has none, but not as much as my brothers brand new Suzuki 450. (we bought them as a buddy pack, quite the package huh?) It is def. made up for in the top end though.

How about the rest of you guys?

Old 03-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

So far thats the first one on here, as far as the clutch sound, give it some time maybe one of the plates might still be slipping too much.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just purchased the air box from rossier and soon will be buying the pipe. When I get the airbox I will be cutting the pink wire to open the race mapping. This should make up the difference on the low end. I am waiting for the airbox because Rossier said it will run too rich without one or the other. As far as the clutch goes, a few others have told me that its just not enough lube from take off, but after that it is plenty and will probably go away after a couple oil changes. If not, I guess thats what the warranty is for.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

If you have already hit your first 10 hours you should change that oil right away.... Check to make sure they don't have one of those little screens like the 650 did also...

Old 03-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

BRP said 3 tanks of gas or 5 hours. Im going to change it after the 1st. Ive only put about half hour on it, seeing its SNOWING in Michigan.. damn. Anyways yeah it does have the screen on the pickup. Saw that in the manual. It said to clean that after 2 years? i'll be sure to check it out way before then.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

I check that screen everytime. It takes 2 more minutes to do, and you never know when something just might clog it. Never hurts to be a little extra safe. Big money in all these things....

Old 03-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

I read that just taking the air box lid off and a pipe will wake up the bottom end. How does the DS450 ride. Is the suspension amazing like I read in all of the magz. I hope it's better than you're bro's zuk I wasn't impressed when I sat on the zuk at the dealer. Let us know all about that beast man.

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Range Rover

That thing is bad as hell! love to take it for a spin, bet it corners and jumps like a dream!! ok, maybe not corner like the 650 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but it's gotta be fun being so light! where at in michigan are you jaredw?

Old 03-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I took it out today and rode the **** out of it. It snowed last night then warmed up to about 40 so you can imagine what kind of riding i did. What I have finally came to decide is that this thing is awesome if you ride it like a 2 stroke. It builds all sorts of power on the top end. My cousin wouldnt race me with his 660 raptor but I did race a kfx 700, which runs next to the raptor. The results were me being beat in gears 1 thru 3, but as soon as i hit top of 3rd bottom of 4th, I was just gone, I seriously thought that he let off the throttle but claimed he was into it all the way. More updates after I open the race map and put my intake on.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

after the ride.
Name:  0322081750.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  10.4 KB