CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone bent a DS650 axle, busted A-arms, or messed up a swingarm?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2001, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is hard to beleive that a bullet proof engine like the rotax that has proven itself for years has won the baja among other endurance races and you can't keep yours running ? Come on something is wrong here Or maybe ye just a whiner

Old 02-10-2001, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Old 02-10-2001, 01:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just a few problems I have hadil sensor,rectorfire,battery,backfiring,radiator hose keeps blowing off,left back side of motor by oil inlet,bent A/arms.Out of first 6 months it was in and out of shop 2.5 months.Bought extended warranty ,A/arms on order for about 4 to 5 months.Finally come in but had to order upgrade parts before installing.Bought in July 2000. It was in shop when 6 month warranty was going out.Still after all the head aches,would'nt trade it for anything.If your 200 to 250 then this is the one for you .Lots of power and speed,buy one.

Old 02-10-2001, 02:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've been reading ALOT of past posts on the DS as I was going to buy one today (had to stay late at work tonight, now I'm going to buy it tomorrow.) And one guy said he got a full set of Skids that fit very nicely on his DS from prm-atv.com for $225. Not a bad deal, he also said they were thicker than other brands. I have yet to do any research on this yet, but if it's true, that is a good direction to go in.

Old 02-10-2001, 02:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

After seeing so many pictures of bent DS rims caused by riding and even a couple of pics caused by sheer engine power while downshifting going up a dune, I've decided I'm going to get the AC or OMF rings they used on the Baja DS650 (Stock rims, they only added rings.)

Old 02-10-2001, 02:56 AM
DS
Trailblazer

Ive had mine for almost a year. I dont ride a lot but have put some good hard hours on it. First trip on it was to Wisconsin. What a blast.

Around here I ride a local track and an old gravel pit called the bad lands.

As far as the track goes the DS handles great and can take some good jumps. I have seen some instances of upper a-arms bending but from hard jumping and repeated bottoming out. The underside of the frame was bare metal it hit bottom so many times. Whether any one likes it or not these macines have there limits. Also seen bent rims but with low tire pressure. It doesnt get much better than douglas red lables.

As far as the Bad Lands I go riding with banshees, 250r`s and 400 ex`s and another DS. Nobody can keep up with us running across the Bad Lands through the ruff stuff.

As far as reliability goes it doesnt get abused more that in the Baja 2000. If thats not proof than I dont Know what is. The engine was even stock. CT pipe and jetting, thats it. Correct me if Im wrong.

Old 02-12-2001, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer

Kellys300EX I guess i don't really understand your reply.You said something in the first sentence compairing bending an axle on a 6 foot jump to wrecking a car and wanting warranty {as in my case}then you said next that you have jumped yours more than 6 feet and nothing at all bent.i have heard this many times.so now do you understand why this might be warranty?maybe something is wrong with the axle.are the lights coming on now?

Old 02-12-2001, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

You are the one that needs to turn on the lights ,come on you bent it now replace it and stop whinning .No wonder you got eaten by a raptor , your lights are always off . Bike can't do it all you got to have a brain too

Old 02-13-2001, 03:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No warranty is going to cover you bending or breaking parts while doing things like jumping. If someone gets a part replaced after something like that, it's luck, not warranty that covered their butt. If you want someone to replace broken parts caused by jumping or racing, get a sponsor.

Old 02-13-2001, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer

As usual Kellys300EX you don't know what you are talking about.where or when did i say anything about getting beat by a raptor?i have never been beat.i also know for a fact that yamaha replaces bent axles that are under warranty,so why dosen;t bombardier?i have jumped many atvs with stock axles over the same jump that bent the ds650 axle and the ds650 was the first to bend.i didn't know this was a putt putt only machine.i got my shades on!

Quick Reply: Anyone bent a DS650 axle, busted A-arms, or messed up a swingarm?