CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds 650 dies out then batteries dead?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds 650 dies out then batteries dead?

i found out that they are just getting them from a dealership from winnipeg and they are good but they siad lots of the batteries ther are junk or something

Old 04-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

What about your local Walmart (there is one in winnipeg)? Or if you have any Meijer stores? Auto parts Stores?
Look for a TX15L-BS or a 12V13L.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS BGROUND GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

DO A SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!ON THE SUBJECT

BATTERY TOO THE SUBFRAME
SUB FRAME TOO THE MAIN FRAME
MAIN FRAME TO THE ENGINE

NOW LETS ALL TAKE A MOMENT TO PRAY WITH ALL THIS TOMFOOLIERIE HE HAS NOT BLOWN HIS ING MODULE.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Trailblazer

no it wasnt grounds it was the battery i finnaly got a good one today from a auto parts store and it works fine now.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

COOL I HOPE THATS IT.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Where exactly are these grounding points located? I have always wanted to check and clean mine, but could never figure out where they are. The shop manual also didn't seem to help me, as the electrical schematic is not very self explanatory.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The first is directly where the ground cable connects to the subframe remove and sand that area and the terminal reinstall cable.the secound is where the subframe connects to the main frame remove bolts slide it back and clean all four mounting points reinstall all four bolts.the third is the motor it is best to remove all the mount bolts shift the motor clean all connecting spots and reinstall bolts but if you do just the front triangle point you will be fine.I actualy have a seperate cable i have made to ground my motor too the frame that is normaly the main culprit.

This was more then likely a case where the ground cable got pulled on enough to work for awhile longer and will comeback and haunt him for sure.these are the facts i base this on.

1.st the bike died and the batt was dead.the subframe ground is weak so the bike was not charging the batt ERGO the bike dies.

2.new battery's were installed and the bike would not turn over or did but would start.. Disconect your subframe i guareenty your bike will not turn over make a bad connection it may try but won't cutit. If it can turn over at all it will not have enough amps to fire.

3.If it is a sub frame ground and lets say just for kicks you had to install and remove a battery 3 times with out a dought at some point your going to pull on the ground cable and put some weight on the sub frame making it shift and WHAM YOUR BIKE WORKS NOW WAHOO YOU FIXED IT .......WRONG YOU GOT LUCKY MASKED YOUR PROBLEM AN IT WILL COME BACK TOP BITE YOU.

4. the ds will charge a almost dead battery if you can hear the sol click when you hit the starter button the ds will charge that battery for a fact UUUNNNLLLEEESSS
it has a weak subframe ground because the charging sytem is grounded threw the motor IE if the motor is not grounded to the sub frame (where the battery ground is) it will not charge.

5.thats where your ing module comes in to play if you think you fixed it. Say your out trying to get the local hottie into the out back too well you know . Then bam that ground gives up the bike dies. You think dam ive heard of this before.then you remember oh AZsand spoke of this on the site. And in your haste to get hottie into the woods you shake your subframe wiggle your cables and the bike now starts to turn over BUUUT you still have a bad ground and the ground gives out while the bike is turning over and spiiiissssh its a terrible sound you just found the smallest weakest ground on the bike and tried to run the starter through it. And now you blew your ing.which is what happens when the bike can't find a good ground it will smoke the ing.because it is self grounded and will become the main ground.NOW MISS HOTTIE TAKES OFF WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND BART BECAUSE HE LISTENED TO COMMON SENSE AND HIS DS FIRES EVERY TIME LIKE A FINELY TUNED ROLEX. By the way what do you think bart and the hottie are doing while you push that pathetic poorley setup elephant home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

THE GUY"S ARE CORRECT. when they say the charging sytem is not designed to charge a dead battery but the ds dose a adequit job of it just the same.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for writing all of that, it must have taken some effort, and it is appreciated. I think I understand almost everything you are saying (I am not too bright mechanically, especially with electrical, but I am trying to learn). One question: you say "where the ground cable connects to the subframe". Are the "ground cable" and the negative battery cable the same thing, or is the "ground cable" something different?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AZSAND

The first is directly where the ground cable connects to the subframe remove and sand that area and the terminal reinstall cable.the secound is where the subframe connects to the main frame remove bolts slide it back and clean all four mounting points reinstall all four bolts.the third is the motor it is best to remove all the mount bolts shift the motor clean all connecting spots and reinstall bolts but if you do just the front triangle point you will be fine.I actualy have a seperate cable i have made to ground my motor too the frame that is normaly the main culprit.

This was more then likely a case where the ground cable got pulled on enough to work for awhile longer and will comeback and haunt him for sure.these are the facts i base this on.

1.st the bike died and the batt was dead.the subframe ground is weak so the bike was not charging the batt ERGO the bike dies.

2.new battery's were installed and the bike would not turn over or did but would start.. Disconect your subframe i guareenty your bike will not turn over make a bad connection it may try but won't cutit. If it can turn over at all it will not have enough amps to fire.

3.If it is a sub frame ground and lets say just for kicks you had to install and remove a battery 3 times with out a dought at some point your going to pull on the ground cable and put some weight on the sub frame making it shift and WHAM YOUR BIKE WORKS NOW WAHOO YOU FIXED IT .......WRONG YOU GOT LUCKY MASKED YOUR PROBLEM AN IT WILL COME BACK TOP BITE YOU.

4. the ds will charge a almost dead battery if you can hear the sol click when you hit the starter button the ds will charge that battery for a fact UUUNNNLLLEEESSS

it has a weak subframe ground because the charging sytem is grounded threw the motor IE if the motor is not grounded to the sub frame (where the battery ground is) it will not charge.

5.thats where your ing module comes in to play if you think you fixed it. Say your out trying to get the local hottie into the out back too well you know . Then bam that ground gives up the bike dies. You think dam ive heard of this before.then you remember oh AZsand spoke of this on the site. And in your haste to get hottie into the woods you shake your subframe wiggle your cables and the bike now starts to turn over BUUUT you still have a bad ground and the ground gives out while the bike is turning over and spiiiissssh its a terrible sound you just found the smallest weakest ground on the bike and tried to run the starter through it. And now you blew your ing.which is what happens when the bike can't find a good ground it will smoke the ing.because it is self grounded and will become the main ground.NOW MISS HOTTIE TAKES OFF WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND BART BECAUSE HE LISTENED TO COMMON SENSE AND HIS DS FIRES EVERY TIME LIKE A FINELY TUNED ROLEX. By the way what do you think bart and the hottie are doing while you push that pathetic poorley setup elephant home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img][/img]

THE GUY"S ARE CORRECT. when they say the charging sytem is not designed to charge a dead battery but the ds dose a adequit job of it just the same.</end quote></div>

Old 04-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

k no it was none of my grounds, we went over that. it was the battery i never put any of the other batteries in my quad, we just tested them with a tester and they dropped to a no good charge. the first battery that was on the quad when i got it was not new, it was old, the guy bought it, put it on the bike, and let is sit for 2 years then it was dry so he refilled it up and told me it was a new battery. they battery i have now is good and it works fine and is not losing power.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jusrlax

Thanks for writing all of that, it must have taken some effort, and it is appreciated. I think I understand almost everything you are saying (I am not too bright mechanically, especially with electrical, but I am trying to learn). One question: you say "where the ground cable connects to the subframe". Are the "ground cable" and the negative battery cable the same thing, or is the "ground cable" something different?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AZSAND

5.thats where your ing module comes in to play if you think you fixed it. Say your out trying to get the local hottie into the out back too well you know . Then bam that ground gives up the bike dies. You think dam ive heard of this before.then you remember oh AZsand spoke of this on the site. And in your haste to get hottie into the woods you shake your subframe wiggle your cables and the bike now starts to turn over BUUUT you still have a bad ground and the ground gives out while the bike is turning over and spiiiissssh its a terrible sound you just found the smallest weakest ground on the bike and tried to run the starter through it. And now you blew your ing.which is what happens when the bike can't find a good ground it will smoke the ing.because it is self grounded and will become the main ground.NOW MISS HOTTIE TAKES OFF WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND BART BECAUSE HE LISTENED TO COMMON SENSE AND HIS DS FIRES EVERY TIME LIKE A FINELY TUNED ROLEX. By the way what do you think bart and the hottie are doing while you push that pathetic poorley setup elephant home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![IMG][/IMG]

THE GUY"S ARE CORRECT. when they say the charging sytem is not designed to charge a dead battery but the ds dose a adequit job of it just the same.</end quote></div></end quote></div>

Yes, the negative cable off the battery that goes to the subframe is the one he is talking about.

Quick Reply: ds 650 dies out then batteries dead?