CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips and Tricks

Hey guys, my father and I are proud owners of a Brand new 2008 Renegade 800 X's, and since we are new to Can Am, we wanted to hear it first hand from the guys who own them, what should we do annually to service it? Are there any noises to be aware of... are they normal? What should we look out for... we just basically want the low down on Can Am... BTW i have never had so much fun on an ATV ever.... this thing actually all that it is hyped up to be and more.... and it rides so smooth!!! not to mention how freakin fast and tourquey it is... I LOVE THIS MACHINE!!!

PS. Is it true that it is limited to 80% hp for the first 10 hrs? also when the Visco Lock is engaged and fully locked, does it unlock itself as soon as you let off the throttle? or does it have to come to a complete stop? Any Tips and Tricks on the bike or brand in general would be great!

Thanks a bunch

Nic + Marc

Old 05-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tips and Tricks

The Visco lock will release if the throttle is backed off. This makes it a little trickier to use in rocks - all it takes is a steady use of mild throttle to keep the locker in place but it does require a little more driving effort than a pushbutton locker system. Also, you'll notice that when you grab the brakes hard that it will make a grinding noise - sounds terrible but it's normal. It tends to go away somewhat after use but better brake pads are a solution too.

And don't forget, if you are having so much fun fiding it that you keep this big grin on your face - you're likely to get bugs and dust caught in your teeth.

Jaybee

Old 05-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tips and Tricks

The first thing I did to mine was the frame mod. You can read about it on NYROC's web site.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tips and Tricks

seal your cvt cover with some permatex adhesive sealant,if your going to be in deep water&mud. CAN-AM says after break in period to change fluids every 100 hrs.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tips and Tricks

thanks for your input guys... i'll seal the CVT case if it needs to be, because we don't do to much severe mud riding so i don't think that will be a problem... yeah i heard that the break pads make a nasty noise, but then once you change them it goes away... anything else this machine feels very very sturdy and tuff.