CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where to get a Lectron?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get a Lectron?

Not a have to, but absolutly a good thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I HAVE STATED BEFORE I WILL PORT INTAKES FOR NO CHARGE I LIKE DOING IT.
AND THE HV PART OF THE LECTRON IS A ADD ON PART YOU CAN OBTAIN FROM LECTRON IT USED TO BE ADVERTISED ON THERE SITE BUT ERICS OLD PARTNER THREW A FIT SO THEY COULD NOT CALL THERE MODDED CARBS HV'S BUT THEY STILL SOLD THE PARTS LAST I HEARD.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] AND THAT IS WIERD BECAUSE THEY SOLD THE 46HV WAY BEFORE ANY ONE ELSE KNEW WHAT A LECTRON WAS.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

I heard from Kevin at FastByGast. I hope to hear from OMW(Eric?) soon.

Kevin says they are getting better results from the Power Jet Lectron 44mm. They have them in stock for $339 but I haven't seen anyone comment on the 44.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

in my first post i posted i had used the 44 before and yes it will do a great job for you.it is the most popular one for the ds.i like twist throttles myself but there are several manufactures that make 44 mm thumb throttles its not something special.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AZSAND

in my first post i posted i had used the 44 before and yes it will do a great job for you.it is the most popular one for the ds.i like twist throttles myself but there are several manufactures that make 44 mm thumb throttles its not something special.</end quote></div>

I stand corrected. I guess I read right over that. Will I need anything else to bolt it on? In other words does it fit on both ends like the stock carb? I won't need to get any adapter to make the airbox and intake port fit it? I believe I will need to get a different throttle whether it's a thumb or twist right? The stock throttle won't move far enough?

Looks like I may be going to Pismo sometime late June so I need to get this done soon.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have never run an airbox at all but i imagine it will fit due to the fact its so close and the air tube is so plieable.But i would at least remove the lid or drill holes in it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 44 is a flat turd in comparison the the 46HV! Dont even waste your money.

And for the porting, how can you gain much from a bigger carb if the intake it bolts to is the same size as stock? If you want to get the gains from the carb, you must open the intake to the same specs. You can do it your self.

Do not let anyone sell you on the 44! Save your penny's and buy a bigger carb....with the HV insert.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The 46hvs that have encountered my 40mm lectrons got shoved back so hard they thought they had the only two ds's with reverse.Its all in the tunning and setup.And my alcahol 44 stage threes never got beat buy anything in its class only 703's and up could hang. so alls im saying is its all in the setup not the carb.Andi have run them all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

AZSAND you remind me of oooowww nevermind

Old 05-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

Hmmmmm. One guy says 44 and one guy says 46HV. Now I'm confused.

Quick Reply: Where to get a Lectron?