CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where to get a Lectron?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get a Lectron?

well its a personal decision some answers are based on friends making profit and some are based on helping a guy out with honest answers you figure it out.This is souposed to be a forum based on helping people not selling products UNLESS IT A SPONSOR.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AZSAND

well its a personal decision some answers are based on friends making profit and some are based on helping a guy out with honest answers you figure it out.This is souposed to be a forum based on helping people not selling products UNLESS IT A SPONSOR.</end quote></div>

Alright Az, that is complete BS!!!

Jed just gave you his opinion based on his experiance with the before mentioned carbs. He don't give a crap about making anyone money, just saving people some heartache. He advised me against buying a carb from Packard Racing, but I decided to save some pennies and it blew up in my face. No I told you so, or that crap. He spent the entire time we were there helping me get that crappy thing dialed in as best as we could. Not till I got a proper needle from Eric did that thing ever run right.

I have not personally ran the 44. However I have ran the TM45, the 46hv, and the HPR48. I can tell you, that I will not have another carb on my DS that is not setup with Eric's parts.

I don't mind a differing opinions. They are good, they make people think outside the box, and it gives everyone options. So if Az has got them to work great on his, then I have little doubt of it. And he can most likely get you dialed in. I have 3 DS's in our stable, and they all have HPR 48s for now. Moving to dual Lectrons on 2 of them.

So let's keep of any personal attacks!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DJ why you guy's always have to go here still stumps me.To "quote" jed FLAT TURD thats a flat out misleading. its a tunnig thing.And most know the 46hv is a respectable carb.But at the same time know it is not even in the same league as the tm's its still built on a shady platform the lectron carb.But if thats ones preferance weather it be price or likings it is not in the upper eschelon of carbs it is rock bottom and when your talking 500 plus thats robbery plain and simple.And i will always let someone know for a considerable amount less you can get the same thing"less the pattented air idle screw"elsewhere.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

And like I stated. Until I got Eric's specially designed needle for it, those cheap ones you get what you pay for!!!

And "flat turd" compared to the others may not be mis-leading. Are you going to attempt to tell me a perfectly tuned 44 will run with a perfectly tuned 46 (all other variables being equal)???

Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im telling you the 44 will run with the 46.if properly tuned.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tuned Lectrons from 38 to 48, FCR's, TM45's, Cv's, you name it on ds's. I will completely agree its all in the tuning. However, not one single carb out of the lineup was better than its bigger brother on the Ds. The only one close, was the 46hv to our 48 straight bore.
Now if you want to save money, why not just buy a Tm45? Split the difference..... The 44 will run the a good 45, so take your pick.

I also wonder though, is the difference in Altitude making some of the differences in bore size more pronounced at higher altitudes...?

Old 05-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Things are obviously slow today as this is my second posts in I don't know how long. Really just took a look today and found some interesting topics.

I too have tuned just about everything on a DS. I actually like the Tm's and the Lectrons. In my experience in the carb world, carbs are more intent driven. If you are a drag racer/Hill shooter, then I think your choice would be obvious. GO BIG and GO LECTRON. IF on the other hand you would like to have low speed agility and some good top end (more of an all-around carb) go with the TM series carbs. I too agree with Jed that I would go with the 46 as apposed to 44, but there again, it depends on what you are strapping it to. If you have a Mild to Mid cam, then I would probably go with the Lectron 44 or even the TM42. If I had a real healthy cam or a bigger bore, I'd go with the TM45, TM48 or the Lectron 46. It was thought that the Lectron held a tune better in Altitude change, but in my experience, you still had to do some tweaking when moving from High to low and then back. The TMs were similar but it was generally just a jet change instead of a needle twist etc. etc.

My two sense anyway. Never used Fast by Gas but I've heard they are fairly solid, and I was completely tooled by Eric and his old partner. I was NEVER treated bad by them, in fact quite the opposite. To be completely honest, my motor and hill shooting was semi sponsored by them. My bike became one of the fastest duners in the country with hardware to prove it.

Shoot, I've been away so long, I'm not sure what anyone is doing anymore.

Good luck with your choice.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

I've heard of Lectron, FCR, and Mikuni but I'm not sure what a TM is?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

TM45 is a Mikuni model

Old 05-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

I finally ordered my carb. I went with a TM45 instead of a Lectron. It should be here in a few days. I'll see how easy it is to install.

Quick Reply: Where to get a Lectron?