CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Re-building top end ds650 need tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-building top end ds650 need tips

Mine is having minor issues, but it should last till the kit arrives.......should. Well after looking up exhaust sounds on the net, I'm gonna go with the Alba pipe sounds the best to me, as for performance gains it comes out good. my quad will look like.

03 ds650
- Invisions Decal Kit (BASHED SKULL)
- JE 11.5 piston (Stock Bore)
- Alba Racing Exhaust
- Xtreme Fab Nerf Bars
- K&N Filter w/jetkit
- Barnett Clutch kit
- Aftermarket Cdi Box (Looking into this)
- Webs Cams (Looking into this still)

So with any luck late this riding season I'll be able to drive a fresh, more powerful quad. I think I should get that larger fuel tank I'm always running out before my friends, well except the one on his kawi 700 prarie with 29.5 swamp lites, lift kit and some other stuff, absolute pig on gas. Anyways, go out and ride show everybody that the ds650 can still ride with em all.[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

One thing, on the alba exhaust, Mr. Horsepower says that the alba was a turd compared to most other exhaust systems on all of his dyno tests. Just thought you might want to know that. There are a bunch that are good out there such as the Ron Woods, the HMF, the CT, and others. Just trying to help you out.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

The Ds450 is sweeet.

Silverbomb, i have not personally tried the LTE duals, but from what i've read, and from pricture they exit out the middle rear right where the grab bar is. And i read that the stock airbox/filter is in the way, maybe you could chop down the snorkle i have no idea, but what i read is that you need to run a clamp on filter.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Trailblazer

Does anybody have some info on the Barnett spring kit? I bought 1 but have not installed it yet. What does a new set of disc do for you performance wise.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SilverBomb

One thing, on the alba exhaust, Mr. Horsepower says that the alba was a turd compared to most other exhaust systems on all of his dyno tests. Just thought you might want to know that. There are a bunch that are good out there such as the Ron Woods, the HMF, the CT, and others. Just trying to help you out.</end quote></div>

Well, I gotta say my Alba pipe ran great with the mods on my single cyl. Since you already have it I would keep it.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

What does mr.horsepower say about the yoshimura pipe? I appreciate the help, too bad I liked the way the alba sounded where are these dyno-tests to look at?
Thanks[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you already have the Alba then keep it, with what you are wanting to do it will let that engine breathe. Just trying to help save you some money, if you really think you need the extra 2hp then get a new pipe. But remember most of the findings are on all out drag bikes being rung out 90% of the time.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought the LTE exhaust but it didn't come with any instructions. Does anyone have any kind of pictures that I can take a look at or even some instructions for me. I got a call into the company I bought it from but haven't hear anything back yet. I am at a stand still right now and just can't figure it out.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

chapz, send Dragon a PM. He has a set and I'm sure has the can of brains that go with them. He could walk you through the installation.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

chapz, send Dragon a PM. He has a set and I'm sure has the can of brains that go with them. He could walk you through the installation.</end quote></div>

LMAO, I am not so sure about all of that. But I can offer up whatever help I can. When I got mine, they did not have the instructions either. I called LTE and a guy out in the shop there managed to fax me a copy even though the office peeps were out. That was some top notch service there

But anyway, Chapz I sent you a PM with my number, give me a call if ya are still stuck

Quick Reply: Re-building top end ds650 need tips