CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sup guys? Anyone seen the honda 700xx in action?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sup guys? Anyone seen the honda 700xx in action?

Been awhile, just checking in. I have been riding my yfz450 and miss the low end torque of the ds, but I am leaning towards something with efi. Anyone ridden or seen the Honda 700xx on the dunes yet?

Steve

Old 07-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Range Rover

think you posted in the wronge forum thread.

but i have not seen any honda on the trail yet.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Discovery

think you posted in the wronge forum thread.

but i have not seen any honda on the trail yet.</end quote></div>

Uh no, I was asking the can am/ds guys.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was at dumont when honda was there doing an unveiling for all the magazines. they had about 15 of them there. they were heavy and ugly as sin and a stock roptor 700 would walk all over them... not impressed....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Haven't seen one in action yet. Of course this time of the year out here you're likely to only see lizards and scorpions out at the dunes. Lots of folks moving on to lighter more nimble bikes than the ol' DS. Watch them go on freebay everyday for less than $2K. I just wish they were closer so S&H didn't run the cost up so high.
Lot's of you old timers have moved on but I still some lurking around from time to time. Guess you miss these old gals huh? I'm down to two but have my eyes peeled for the right deal to come around. Sliding into the market for a rail so I can try and drag the wife out to the sand but I always have a DS handy, until I'm wheelchair bound...
Nice to see you stop by.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

For the dunes, the Honda has a Combination that makes a recipe for a disasterous Dune machine. First of all it's Heavy, more than the DS if you can imagine that. LOL. Second IRS is just not meant for dunes, it adds way too much un-needed/un-wanted weight which we all know is our enemy at the dunes. We all try to save weight on DS's however we can with the IRS I would imagine that would be really difficult. So, DS's are still way better than the Honda IMO, and so are the Raptor 700's. Until Honda can make a Solid axle version, they won't have much of a Duners market. My $.02 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I was thrilled Honda stepped up to the Big Bore Market but I think it is poorly designed. I'd rather the new Raptor. I saw one at the dealer and the whole rear section looks like a bunch of uneeded complication. Wish Can-Am would enter the fray with Big bore again.. I hear the Renegades have insane torque.. but it's too utility like for sport guy like me.

Trending Topics

Old 07-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Entomber

Yeah I was thrilled Honda stepped up to the Big Bore Market but I think it is poorly designed. I'd rather the new Raptor. I saw one at the dealer and the whole rear section looks like a bunch of uneeded complication. Wish Can-Am would enter the fray with Big bore again.. I hear the Renegades have insane torque.. but it's too utility like for sport guy like me.</end quote></div>

I've heard through the grape vine that a big bore DS is in the works. I just don't know any details. All I've heard is that it's a matter of when, not if. I believe I heard 09' or 10'.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

The Honda 700xx is not the best dune option, but they definitely kick *** in the desert with rough terrain.

Wayne Matlock just recently won the Baja 500 on one.

--

TOP 5 - ATV
2008 Baja 500 Finishers

Wayne Matlock, El Cajon, Calif./Marc Spaeth, Ramona, Calif./Rick Cecco, Briling Springs, Pa., Honda TRX700XX, 10:10:40 (43.34mph) (Class 25)

Javier Robles, Mexicali, Mexico/Adolfo Arellano, Tijuana, Mexico/Cesar Lopez, San Felipe, Honda TRX450R, 10:11:01 (43.32mph) (Class 25)

Danny Prather, Ramona, Calif./Mike Cafro, Bonsall, Calif./Chad Prull, Laveen, Ariz./Levi Marana, Hemet, Calif., Honda TRX700XX, 10:19:05 (42.76mph) (Class 25)

Francisco Servin/Isaac Castro/Rocky Mereno/Marco Moreno/Edgar Moreno, Chula Vista, Calif., Honda TRX450R, 10:44:26 (41.07mph) (Class 24)

Javier Beltran, San Ysidro, Calif./Cristian Rolas, San Ysidro/Santos Perez, Tijuana, Mexico/Juan Sanchez, Chula Vista, Calif./Raul Cano, Tijuana, Mexico, Calif., Honda TRX450R, 10:57:05 (40.28mph) (Class 24)

Old 07-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here are two review articles on the Honda 700xx

The New Honda TRX700XX

First Ride - Honda TRX700XX

Quick Reply: Sup guys? Anyone seen the honda 700xx in action?