CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

the de-funct East Coast DS Days dates-Silver Lake

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the de-funct East Coast DS Days dates-Silver Lake

Well all the old school guys like big waynester, entomber, hightower and others in the midwest, its been awhile. amazing what work and a home will do for pushing the ds to the back of the garage. Anyway i dont even know if you guys are still out there or guys like rfwIII, or the guy in Ravenna who bought Mr.Meaners old blue DS? Anyway, I will be in silver lake on Tues, Aug 19- Sun Aug 24. I hope to see some old friends and maybe some new DS guys. this will be the last summer probably with the DS. I may get into a jeep. i will still make our annual silver lake trip though. I still got the little lady's new raptor that i am doing a little of this and that to so i will be at the drag areas. check your schedules and if you can make it there i will have beer for ya at my camp as well as some food. Always good to see the DS guys have some numbers. post if you intend on going.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

I hope you guys have a good turn out Saint, the economy may take it's toll this year. Hopefully our West Coast DS Days doesn't suffer too bad but we're holding it up at St. Anthony's this year. 854 miles for me but I intend to show. Lots of the DS folks out this way have switched to conversion bikes but we still let them hang with us!
You guys keep us posted on the showing and campfire banter, and post some pics.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

What's up Jason/Bombsaint. I want to go this year but finances are kicking me in the teeth. Now my Raptor is not functioning (going ot part it and look into getting a 700) and my DS build is STILL in progress (I've been lazy with it but it should be done this year, waiting on my head and cams from Eric). Fuel costs are quite exhorbant this year. While NJ is one of the cheapest states in the country for fuel heading out westward it escalates. I'm also engaged to someone outside the country and I am returning to her homeland in September so my moo-la is tied up for that trip to Hong Kong, China. I did buy a 450R and I would love to put some dune seat time on it, my other two buddies with a DS and Raptor are all asking about going and supposedly they are but as far as I know, none have made any reservations. If I don't go this year, I'm defintely going with the future Wife next year, hopefully I'll be on my Project DS and maybe with a Raptor 700 in the future. How does your woman like the Rappy??

Old 07-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Range Rover

I was planning on going on the weekend of the 19th, but the reserves wanted to rescedual for that weekend. Such a bummer. I might go this weekend of the 12th. I dont know. I will have to see.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

What happened to Hightower and Bigwaynster.... normally they chime in. I havent' seen a post from either in quite some time.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

i have been wondering the same thing?