CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

All Hail Aceisback!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Hail Aceisback!!

Thanks Vic!

Background:

A week ago I picked up a 2000 DS that was very clean, but very neglected. I have played hell trying to get this thing running right, and Vic invited me up to 29 Palms to trouble shoot it and go for a ride.

I had it running, but not running right. The A/F mixture screw did absolutely nothing to how it ran, and the only way to set the idle was by adjusting the throttle cable.

I think Vic knew this would not be a quick and easy fix, but in his bag of tricks he pulled out a nice shiny modified stock carb and stuck it on the bike. She fired up and Vic got it set right for our ride.

What a blast! I had not ridden a DS 650 before, and it was definitely and eye opener! Fast and smooth, you can chug it along sightseeing or downshift and just nail it! The big whoops like to be taken with authority, but they smooth out more the faster you go... Cool!

I did not feel like it is anywhere as heavy as everyone says, but then, my other quad is a KFX 700, and this girl is about 60 lbs lighter out the gate, so there ya go...

So thanks again, Vic, there is a fresh bottle of crown here with your name on it!

John and Annabelle

Old 07-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer

glad to hear you got it runnin smooth! yeah id say you owe the man a drink! haha = ]

Old 07-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Ace is a great guy. Glad he helped you get it dialed in. Congrats on the purchase.

He likes apple pie the best I think. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

yeah hang on to her... I worry when dealers will stop having parts for it. I'm in the middle of a build. DS is one of the best quads I had ever owned. Great to hear a forum member helping another. I always felt the members here in the Can-Am/Bombardier forum were straight up brotherly guys.

Enjoy your ride.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Hey John, it was great meeting you and Ann and getting to go out on a decent little ride. I apologize for the 107 degree temps up here and wish we could have gone out for longer, but there will be another time for that.
Man I tell ya, it does a persons heart good to see a smile like you had when you came back from that first little rip and tear that you did once we got the carb on and running smooth. I'm quite sure that you will enjoy your new DS and I won't be the only one here to tell you that once you start adding power that it will remain a never ending quest!
Anytime that we head out to Glamis or Dumont you guys are more than invited, gotta lot of great DS peeps that I'd like you to meet. You'll fit in perfectly. Matter of fact I'll extend an open invitation to you right here for DS Days 2008 at St. Anthony's Idaho.
I appreciate the kudos. I'm just glad that after a couple of years in the box that my carb worked. It's yours now, enjoy it.
See you guys in the dunes soon. It'll be here before you know it...

Old 07-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

Hey, Thanks Vic! We really enjoyed meeting you and your family also, nice people are a rare and appreciated commodity here in SoCal at times and If there is anything you need from me, it's yours. I still am working on that original carb, I can NOT let it kick my ***!

It was a little warm Sunday, but it sure was a kick to get to ride again, I haven't been out in the desert for awhile. My Annabelle doesn't handle the heat well, but she is a trooper for as long as she can be. We still plan on taking a weekend to explore Sunfair(?) Dry Lake, or maybe just a daytrip.

I took a look at the paddles I got with the bike, they are 20x12x10 Haulers, but 10-paddle. What are your thoughts of these?

Cheers,
John

Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

You've got too much paddle for your build brotha. I would try to get some 7-8 paddle extremes in 22". I haven't tried 22's yet but I hear the DS's love them. You will also want to gear down at least on the front sprocket to a 14t. With the right set up you are going to love the beast in the Dunes. And yes, you should come on out to DS days with Vic and Ray. It will be a blast!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:36 AM
Trailblazer

i run 22x12x10 9 paddle extremes on both my bikes and its just perfect i had some 10 paddle but i felt it was a tad much

Old 07-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Atta boy Vic!