CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

get it out on the streets @ 4.10 gal.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default get it out on the streets @ 4.10 gal.

I know this has come up on all forums but man i gotta wave the B/S flag here. I work with 3 guys who went out and bought these cheapo little chinese moped/scooter things that are 50cc. they are yellow and everybody thinks its funny and what not. i gotta say i thinks its a good laugh too as they are big guys and all three scooters are yellow, but anyway its really been bothing me that these little pieces of crap are scooting all around town with gas like it is. they are licensed and everything. I got two quads and i would love to be able to put on my helmet and gear, throw on the street tires on and go for an evening ride around town. Now i am not talking about terrorizing the streets doing wheelies and drag racing stop light to stop light like the idiot kids on the trashed out crotch rockets do, or the grocery-getter honda accords with fart-can exhausts and eight diferent color body kit parts........ i mean just a nice cruise, maybe hit the highway and just ride like the bikes do. its just a shame that most states do not allow this and in fact i dont know if any states are plating quads for travel on all roads i.e. state routes, expressways, or anywhere you want to go? i would be more than willing to put the add-ons to make it street legal. you can not tell me that these little scooters or the three wheel goldwing trikes or even these raked out choppers that are like 12 feet long are any more stable at speed than a low setting quad with street tires... WTF! it has never bothered me so much in my life til now. These politicians gotta look into this! I mean gas is over 4$ a gallon and its gonna go up! i just had to vent. my female half is dead set against me getting a bike. I used to be the kid on the trashed out sportbike from taking spills while doing stunts but that was ten years ago and she is not budging on me getting another one, but she said if quads were street legal she would give a little( i am sure it has nothing to do with her raptor 700 in the garage that she is itching to ride around town). yea iknow she wears the pants in the house.. dont laugh guys, if i got another bike i would never hear the end of it. So i just got to say the whole quads not being aloud on the road thing is crock of Sh@#$% ok.....i feel better.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I agree, with proper setup I see no reason to allow quads on streets. Heck I believe most countries in Europe allow it.

I remember a while back there was an american politician who tried to make it a requirement to have roll bars on motorcycles. She obviously didn't have a clue...

-Krait

Old 07-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

You mean street legal like this???
I could see that happening.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

I agree with you 100% BOMBSAINT.

Around here we have a class of race cars that we race on a round d round track that are called Legend cars. I think they have them all over the country but I'm not sure? They are about 1/3 scale old coupes like 34 Ford 3 windows. They have a 1200 Yamie shaft drive engine in them. You can find them on Ebay for about 3 to 5 grand. Example

If things get much worse around here I'm thinking about buying one and putting it on the street. It would not take much. Lights and a horn and a speedo and a windshield wiper would be about it.

They have a full roll cage in them with full door bars on the drivers side. Much safer than a small car IMHO.

You might want to check into this BOMBSAINT? If you do this let me know; I want to talk to you or anybody else that has done this.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

yea, we have legends cars here. i think it would be great to see those out but i am really more interested in the atv thing. I was griping about this to a co-worker yesterday who said he read a article recently that said there is some legislation for this on the ohio governor's desk ( along with the comic books, that guy is an idiot) but anyway i also heard that the city i live in has had this come up at council meetings for legalizing use in the city due to gas prices. trust me i am not holding my breath. i see lots of these atv's that have been modified to three wheels or some other crap but i just want to ride an atv. maybe lowered like a TT quad but not much else.. does anyone know anything else about this stuff coming up in government, city, state or federal?

Old 07-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer
Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

wow, that is the most rainbow (i am actually thinking another word with 3 letters) thing i have ever seen...... another reason why i will never go to France again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

DUDE!! no joke, the way i see it. a quad with street tires would be much safer then those junk as mopeds and crotch rockets people ride around on. i figure if you can put insurance on a quad, you should be able to take it on the roads you pay taxes on. just thought i would reply on this.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: goobds650

http://www.bikeweb.com/images/..._5845-1228_640x480.jpg</end quote></div>

Only Yjacket would bring that bullsh!t to the table.

If anyone see's me within 300 feet of a bike that looks like that, please call the police... violence will be following shortly.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: goobds650

http://www.bikeweb.com/images/..._5845-1228_640x480.jpg</end quote></div>

Notice the guy is being shielded from the girl... he doesnt want people thinking he is straight LMAO

Quick Reply: get it out on the streets @ 4.10 gal.