CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Problems getting BRP to honor warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems getting BRP to honor warranty?

Winch is an accessory, not covered by BEST.

If you swamped your car it would be totaled!
If you read the owners manual never take it in water or mud over the floor boards.

BEST warranty
SUSPENSION AND
DRIVE SYSTEM:
. Differential
. Drive shaft
. CV joints
. Drive axle
. Countershaft
. Chaincase

no mention of springs or shocks, they are considered wear items

I'm not busting you and I hope they, CAN AM will help you out.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer

Finding a good dealer is the main issue. Then dealing with a can am repair rep is another. They go exactly by what the mechanic you took it to tells them. I got my water pump shaft seal and winch replaced under warranty. While it was being taken apart to get the water pump shaft seal replaced the mechanic at SPORTLAND 2 in Milwaukee said I need new pistons. He said that the surface scratching on them were due to dust ingestion and wanted 500 bucks for 2 new ones. I was going to take my machine(in pieces) to another dealer. Was funny that the scratches were only on exhaust side though. The other dealer advised against it and I had them put it back together. Luckily I have had no problems with the motor since, bad pistons and all. Never doing business with them again. Can Am or Sportland 2. You are pretty much hit or miss with a warranty. I will never buy another warranty on a four wheeler again. My brother in law is also an engineer for Evinrude(owned by Bombardier). He couldn't believe the treatment I received either. I have learned alot about the outlander since owning it with "THE BEST WARRANTY IN THE BUSINESS". This is my story though. I have a buddy treated even worse by Arctic Cat. His machine blew up right after his 6 months were up and we are almost pros from rebuilding that thing.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm finding that Can Am's B.E.S.T. warranty was best described by Chris Farley (rip) "I can **** in a box and put a warranty on it if it makes you feel better" I hope Bombardier takes better care of thier corporate jets........"the sky is falling!! the sky is falling!!"

Old 08-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have found BRP to be exceptional in honoring warranty claims. I had a problem with my rear plastic on my 08 Outlander Max XT after 50 hours. They replaced it without question. My guess it was a $1200 repair!

It sounds like the issue is the dealer. Hopefully you can find a decent one.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

i only have 1600 km on my can am 5 the struts make a racket right outa show room dealers wont do anything abot it becuase can am doesnt tell them and cal am in canada only telephone number says there costomer service people dont knwo technicial questions so im not getting to far same as winch its intermittent but they cant fix it until it stops for good

Old 08-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

I'd say find a real mechanic(or try to fix it yourself) and forget the warranty. They obviously don't care about the customer.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

As far as finding a real mechanic, thats not a problem. I am an a.s.e. master auto tech with 20 years exp. Thats what pisses me off. I think I can tell the differance between a noise created from the interaction between the rear axles and the diff mounted rear brake, and say BINDING NIOSES COMING FROM THE TRANSMISSION DURING BRAKING!!!! (as stated to the dealer). And as for the winch. IT'S THE SOLENOID SWITCH MOUNTED LOW ON THE FRAME BY YOUR RIGHT FRONT SUSPENSION. And to quote Goerge W. Bush.. " It doesnt take a rocket surgeon" to see that the front shocks should run throught the middle of the spring rather than the spring being shaped more like a bananna with the apex resting, and wearing thruogh the GOD DAMMED SHOCK TUBE!!!!!!!!!

WOW... Can you tell I'm getting a little tired of owning the B.E.S.T.?
And as far as the price I paid for it , the most
E.X.P.E.N.S.I.V.E.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lol i bent my rear axle hella, then had to fight with BRP to replace my ds450 axle and it took me about 10-12 days of bitching, just keep bitching and they give in is what works for me! =P

Old 08-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JMR866

Winch is an accessory, not covered by BEST.

BEST warranty

SUSPENSION AND

DRIVE SYSTEM:

. Differential

. Drive shaft

. CV joints

. Drive axle

. Countershaft

. Chaincase

no mention of springs or shocks, they are considered wear items

I'm not busting you and I hope they, CAN AM will help you out.</end quote></div>

Dealer needs to contact Warn with any issues with the Winch itself. As for relays and such (electrical) BRP will take care of updates or recalls.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I hear you about the winch, but what part of FACTORY INSTALLED makes it an acessory. its part of the XT package... from the factory, you know, where they built it.
The piont seems to be getting lost here. I could have bought a tried and true Honda or Suzuki etc. but I chose the Can Am because it had what I wanted in a quad AND because they have what they tout as being flat out the best warranty in the buisiness. I paid a PREMIUM PRICE for what was supposed to be the best built, toughest quad period. As of today, my Outlander has 715 km and 70 hours on the clock ( the dealer cant seem to change the readout to "miles"). That equates to about 450 miles at an average speed of 5 mph, which is about right considering I ride with my wife on the back seat and my kids (6&12) riding thier quads 90% of the time. I complained about the suspension "creeking" when I brought it in for it 10 hr svc.
I cant help but wonder how it would hold up if I got to ride the way some of my friends do; 150 miles in a weekend, no kids in tow, no wife on the back to consider. 450 miles would have rolled around in the first month.
Do you think an ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE'S SUSPENSION should have an acceptable lifespan of 30days?

Quick Reply: Problems getting BRP to honor warranty?