CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which tires and size (went with 22" DDII)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which tires and size

I ordered the other one already, thanks though..... I'm still looking at tires trying to figure which ones, I like the dirt devils and the mud machines I also like the looks of the swamp witch. I almost have myself convinced that I need to get new ones now cause the wet weather is coming.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the advice, I am going to go with the 22" Dirt Devil II's with a 14 tooth. I love the mud machine but they are a little pricey. Of all the reviews I read the II sounds like a great tire. I just have to wait till they are in stock, should have them in Weds. they said.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

check atv direct for the mud machines and others, they are usually pretty decent on prices and I think free ship over 100. I don't think they carry Dirt Devils though.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

I found the Dirt Devil II on mud-throwers for $57 a tire but they are sold out till next week. Thanks for the info, atv direct was actually where I first saw the mud machines.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:01 AM
Trailblazer

Ok, I started looking at other tires in my price range and I think I have found another tire I like so if anyone can help me out on feedback or experience (sp). with the dirt devil II and the kenda bear claw comparison in a sport quad application.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

Does anybody know if there is a 12 tooth front sprocket, or if it would even work?

Old 09-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Pro Rider

14T is already pretty low, I have not heard of a 12T, prob have to drop to a 14T and then find a diff. rear if you want to go that low.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

I got my 14T about a week and a half ago. Got bored waiting for my tires so I put it on and played around with my 20's. First gear doesn't last long at all, but it'll lift the front end up really quick. Hopefully my tires will be in tomorrow. I ended up going 22" DD II. America's Tire Company matched the online price and included mounting. Anybody around Eugene go see Josey @ ATC on west 11th he said he can get just about any tire.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

I got to go try out the new tires today, the weather hasn't cooperated so I couldn't try them in the mud but the dry trail traction is amazing, where I usually would slide out the rear it hooked up hard, the front end has become very lite. The 14t sprocket with the 22" tires works great gearing is just a touch under stock so there is gobs of torque on the bottom. I would recomend the Dirt Devi II's highly, I will review again when I get to try them in the wet. Ground clearance is improved traction is outstanding and I have plenty of power I would recommend this mod right after K&N. I can't wait to try them out in the mud......

Old 09-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).

was there much side wall roll? how is the weight on these? had a set of hole sot hd's...very heavy & did not hold up well. have been toying with this idea for a
while not sure what to get. would like 23's but stepu the front as well. thinking about 10" 0r 12" wheels but worried about strength, i hve bend the crp out of the stock wheels already. have to beat them back after each ride as it is now. i'm sure you already posted already but what did you pay for these?

Quick Reply: Which tires and size (went with 22" DDII)