CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 Won't Charge Battery/Bog issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS650 Won't Charge Battery/Bog issue?

Hey, my ds650 won't charge a battery anymore. I was curious if it would be rectifier or if it my be the magneta. My friend said that if the magneta gets rust or anything on it it will cut down the charge. He talked about using a volmeter to see what it's putting out. Is there a way to check the rectifier? Also with this battery issue could it be causing a bogginess in the lower end? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Steven

Old 09-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Do a search this topic has been hammerd look into grounding issues and check your battery.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Range Rover

alright thanks, i did a search before i posted about 'not charging' but didnt see anything like mine, i'll search somemore though

Old 09-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Grounds is the word of the day if nothing comes up ill go threw it again.but it gets long.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Range Rover

Alrite, I read some of your old posts AZSAND, I'm not going to go through all of that trouble of splitting the sub frame from the frame and taking the motor out. I'm going to take my battery cable off of the frame clean it, put it back on. Run a short wire with a eye in both ends from the sub frame to the frame and install it with a cutter framer screw. Then run me a wire from the motor the the frame. I told my buddy yesterday that it could be a grounding issue since I was getting some feedback through my oil light, it was glowing/flickering dim, about half of its normal brightness.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It is actualy very easy to clean the sub frame the top bolts are very easy to get at unbolt them push the sub frame down just enough to sand a tad and do the reverse putting it together.Remove the triangle mounts on the motor clean all three conection and reinstall the bolts.but i also have a #4 cable from my battery straight to my motors on all my bikes.for safety because grounding isses is the biggest problem with the ds it is very well powder coated.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Range Rover

I used the grinder to clean the area and installed two cables

Old 09-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Range Rover

Ok so it still isn't charging even after adding extra ground cables. I purchased this ds650 few months back and the guy had a lawn mower battery on it. That battery got to where it wouldn't take a charge anymore, so I put on a battery that I had off of my 300 fourtrax. This battery cost me 70 bucks but I wasn't using it so I put it on the ds650. I charged the battery before installing it, the battery lasted about 6 rides. The next time I went to charge it, it wouldn't take a charge either. So to make a long story short, what battery actually fits the ds650, and is there any reason why when I install a battery on the ds650, it ruins it, to where it won't take a charge again?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

No reason what so ever.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Range Rover

I'm going to call today and get a battery, that way if it goes bad I'll have a warranty, I also ordered a rectifier, maybe I'll narrow it down. If that don't fix it I'll look at the magneto.

Quick Reply: DS650 Won't Charge Battery/Bog issue?