CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 650 vs KFX 700 vs Raptor 700

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 650 vs KFX 700 vs Raptor 700

My experience at Sand Mt., NV. . .

The Raptor 700 with the 3-mod (Pipe, Air Filter and PowerCommander) will hand it to a YFZ450 with pipe/filter/jetting. One of my buds with a 450 will ride his Wife's Raptor 700 if we are at the hill. He doesn't want to lose every time.

The DS's I've lined up against that have a Stage-I kit will not hang with the Raptor 700 with the 3-mod. In fact, my little 3-mod was just slightly behind a Stage II DS.

The DS is comfortable and I don't want to take that away from it but, it lacks in power compared to the newer bread of bikes.

I wonder how the new Yammy FI 450 will do. Really wonder how it will respond to the 3-mod. If it responds like the Raptor has I have a feeling that 450 is going to be in front of the Raptor!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: YAMASUXHONDUST

I will give a far comparision have rode all 3 of these kfx my wife has this bike i love it the full automatic for the lazyness in me is great seating is comfortable with white brothers or any other exhaust this bike sounds awesome no other mods she will not let me touch it ?? if u ride whoops no travel in the rear but does pull up to the top quickly stock form modded and man i mean i want to do it so bad they r quicker. 700 raptor buddy has this one good bike efi mod with exhaust tip removed the bike pulled good not snappy just all pull comfortable ride but with out a bunch of mods 450s that are modded will hang with it he did alot of mods to walk from me in straight line runs every thing esle on this bike is great seat comfort suspension its a pretty good bike ok now for the final oohh yes the DS650 this bike i think is a really good bike good comfort not alot of hp stock a omr carb mod air filter to carb 9 disc cdi and this thing walks all over my 450 very easily and this is less mods than the raptor and the suspension is the greatest ive ever rode stock form the only draw back over the other 2 is there is no reverse and for its weight this would be nice to have in tight spots any of your choice would be a good one all run about same speed stock yama maybe a little slower hits rev limit to quick on top i hope this helps</end quote></div>

Old 09-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 650 vs KFX 700 vs Raptor 700

Mark Buddy ole pal call me when you head to glamis this season ill let you ride some ds's that always get to the top of the hill first.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

But i do know what you mean i stop by several ds dealers a week hoping to find the news im waiting for and come out with my head hanging and head to the bar.they batter come up with something fast or my liver is going to shut down.