CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What makes Can-Am parts and service so expensive??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What makes Can-Am parts and service so expensive??

Howdy yall.

I know I am venting a little here, by why is it? Between my sea-doo, ski-doo, and renegade I almost need a second mortgage. I have consistently been averaging 1 1/2 - 2 times the part cost when compared to a similar machine in a different brand. I do understand that can am makes some of the more "cutting edge tech" / fastest stuff, and I do accept it to a point when it comes to the motor, ect. But take something like my old ladies wolverine 450, when she broke the LH brake lever - $27. Priced it out on the rene for a laugh- $71. Just wondering what gives? And not to mention the dealer maintenance schedule....watch out!

Some of it I would also attribute to lack there of aftermarket parts which are generally cheaper. So what's holding that back? I am seeing more and more can-am's every time I go riding. I do love all of what BRP has to offer, it's all top notch performing stuff. It just seems to me that if they want to keep the increasing sales momentum up in the powersports world........the price of this stuff needs to become more inline with their competitors

Old 09-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yep, they have always been proud of their stuff, thats why most of us use bikebandit or cheapcyclepatrs.com

Old 09-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Or Parker Yamaha in Parker AZ, or Proshop Motorsports and Marine in Henderson, NV.

It's like Mercedes and BMW, the reliability and durability that you get in return for your cost is very much worth it. Some parts for other manufacturer are cheap because you go through them quite often. No part on any Bombardier/BRP/CanAm product gets gone through on a frequent basis.
When I do have to get a part for the DS I know it's because I wore the hell out of it.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Range Rover

I was going to say the same thing as aceisback, They are like a mercedes. I own a mercedes 2 door roadster hardtop converable. Parts are high as can be, but they are extremely reliable. Same as for my ds650, I've bought several parts for it since I've owned it because the previous owner didn't take good care of it. You get what you pay for. I get everything off of ebay, in order to save some $. I enjoy the Mercedes because everyone don't have one where I live, but when I have to take it to the shop sometime in the future, I'm not going to like the bill. I get several compliments on my car, just as I do on my Ds650. The thing I get on my ds650 is people goin who makes that, Husqavarna? They are just rarer than other atvs, that's why I wanted one.