CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Grizz 700 to renegade 800

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizz 700 to renegade 800

How deep will a renegade go before water gets in the belt.we do some creek riding where I live.
My grizzly will go to the headlights every time no problem!
I rode an outlander 800 once at demo ride and was impressed.
My grizzly seems to be well built and designed and easy to work on, compared to most.
Would I kick my self in the rear for trading it on a 800 renegade.

PS. I had 3300 miles on my old grizzly 660 with no more problems other than a wheel bearing.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

That is a tough call. I think you need to sit on both and first decide witch you like better then you need to weigh the pros and cons of each for your needs. Both are great machines but they are tring to fill diff niches. If you are more of a trail/wood rider I personally woud stick with the Grizz but if you ride more open areas where speed thrills then go with the Can-Am. To me the Grizz is more of the complete pkg than the Can-Am and that is why I am in the market for one myself!

I assume you are still riding a 660 Grizz so the Can-Am might feel light years ahead but you sould deff take a look at a 700 Grizz with power steering as you might be very suprised at what you find.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

I own both and speak from experience, not hearsay. There is no comparison. I will take the Can Am everytime. Just set the two of them side by side. Everything about the Can Am is beefier. Ride, handling, cornering, hills, mud and rocks, the Can Am is just better and will bring a smile to your face all the time. Best thing, try to rent or borrow a Can Am and ride it for a day. No one will have to give you their opinion, cause you will know!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Because only the person who owns a machine is entitled to a opinion and no one else is allowed to have one, right. Just mabey one persons opinion is that there is a machine that they dont like as much as another for one paticular reason (hence why I have a Popo) they have over brand x and they woud like to speak there mind about. But no, no one is allowd to have a opinion unless they only own a machine to make a opinion about it.

As I said ride both and go with the one you like and with the machine that suits you best! Only you can decide. I am just giveing you MY .02!

Old 10-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Cardiac

I own both and speak from experience, not hearsay. There is no comparison. I will take the Can Am everytime. Just set the two of them side by side. Everything about the Can Am is beefier. Ride, handling, cornering, hills, mud and rocks, the Can Am is just better and will bring a smile to your face all the time. Best thing, try to rent or borrow a Can Am and ride it for a day. No one will have to give you their opinion, cause you will know!</end quote></div>

What about freewheelers first question? I'm interested also.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

Hey DODGE57HEMI it's good that you have an opinion, and I think we all appreciate that. I just think you put it out there a little too much, to a point where you look like a know it all. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just letting you know how we see your posts. And I've never seen you say much good about a Can Am when it's a fact that they are very well built machines, and last as long or longer than anything out there and work as good or better than anything. Also remember that you are posting a lot in the Can Am section so you should expect some feedback from Can Am owners. I'm going to have to agree with Cardiac on this one and trust his first hand experience with both machines.
Unfortunately I don't know how they do in water so I'll let Cardiac give us the info on that.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

Freewheeler,
I just made the switch from a Grizzly 700 to a Renegade 800. We actually owned two Grizzzly 700s. The first we purchased in August of 2006. The second we purchased in August of 2007. When it came time to purchase the second Grizzly I looked at several different ATVs, including a Brute Force 750 and a Renegade 800. I looked at them, but I did not ride them. In the end, I decided to go with the ATV I already knew, instead of one I did not know, and I bought the second Grizzly 700. The first Grizzly had been 100% reliable, had decent power, decent suspension, and great handling (in my opinion at that time). Well, ... fast forward to August of 2008, and I'm looking for a new ATV to replace the 2007 Grizzly 700 that is now two years old. This time I rode the other ATVs.

Lets just say I made a mistake by not buying the Renegade sooner. I let a whole year of my life slip by without owning an ATV that is a whole lot more fun. The Grizzly 700 is a great ATV. It is very practical, very versatile, and very capable. But the Renegade is so much more fun that these two ATVs are not even in the same league, let alone the same ballpark, when it comes to how much fun they are. The Renegade blows away the Grizzly pretty much everywhere when it comes to how much fun you can have. The Grizzlys suspension is smoother riding at speeds less than 5 mph, but that is all. The Renegade's suspension is a whole lot better every where else. Cornering is far better on the Rengegade. Overall handling is better on the Renegade, with the Renegade being way way way more precise in its handling. And as far as power goes, there is no comparison. The Renegade can be ridden at half throttle and still beat the Grizzly. There is that big of a difference.

So if you want an ATV that is practical, the Grizzly is great. But if you want an ATV that is fun, get the Renegade. No contest at all on this one, the Renegade blows away the Grizzly in the fun department. I'm still kicking myself for not making the switch a year sooner.

DV

Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SilverBomb

Hey DODGE57HEMI it's good that you have an opinion, and I think we all appreciate that. I just think you put it out there a little too much, to a point where you look like a know it all. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just letting you know how we see your posts. And I've never seen you say much good about a Can Am when it's a fact that they are very well built machines, and last as long or longer than anything out there and work as good or better than anything. Also remember that you are posting a lot in the Can Am section so you should expect some feedback from Can Am owners. I'm going to have to agree with Cardiac on this one and trust his first hand experience with both machines.

Unfortunately I don't know how they do in water so I'll let Cardiac give us the info on that.</end quote></div>

I know Can-Am makes some wondelfull machines (Renegade) and the Outlander is great as well. If you see I never try and knock a machine but when someone asks my opinion between two diff machines I will go with the one that I feel is best! Now to say it will work for that one person I cannot say but I will give my opinion when asked! Hence my .02.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:55 AM
H20
Trailblazer

The Renegade 800 is really quite a different machine than the 700 Grizzly.
the Outy 800 is more of the same design (purpose) machine as the Grizzly.
So I would say it is difficult to compare.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your response,
I'm thinking about trading my wife's kodiak on the rene 800 and giving her the grizz 700 that I have. It just that nobody around where I live has a Can Am atv,we are all afraid to buy something we now nothing about. I'd still like to know how deep in the water it will go without problems.
My only requirements in an atv these days are a place to carry a cooler and
POWER the more the better. I have a tractor and pickup truck for work.

Quick Reply: Grizz 700 to renegade 800