CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

big bore for ds 650

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big bore for ds 650

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ERBEDS650

Plus 20 to 24 HP from stock</end quote></div>

Not bad considering this is the most economical big bore build that one can make. Especially if you can get a lot of parts given or donated, such as you have done.

Its certainly not gonna run 4.19 in 300ft.

Break the bank for some, doesnt mean its not gonna break the bank for others.

Another thing to consider when comparing e.t.'s to money spent is the fact that these fast e.t.'s are with the help of nitrous oxide.

Nitrous will certainly make a little motor respond like a big motor.

The most economical stock bore stock stroke motor combo will cost ya somewhere in the neighborhood of $3000 for just the build. Not counting the cost of pipe, carb, ignition, etc.

PS: I wouldnt recommend spraying Erbe's combo either.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SouthTexasDS

how much diff. does the 730 kit make on the ds. cause the kit they sell in omw racing is pretty expensive. is it worth it? does that bolt on kit really work?</end quote></div>

You know...after reading this statement...there are a lot of variables as to what would be the correct answer to these questions....

First, you need to ask yourself, what would it have to do in order to be worth it to you?

In other words, what are you looking for in a bigbore kit?

How much are you willing to spend to get what you are looking for?

If its bang for the buck, you might want to consider other options.....

Dollar for Dollar the DS 650 is the most expensive power plant to modify!

Old 11-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

My set up is not for use of NOS, well maybe no bigger than a 10 shot is all.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 650Rotax

Mine runs about a bike length and a half behind a buddy's 843 raptor, he has about 2x as much $$$ in his.</end quote></div>

that ds has more in it than that, bdhn bike will flat move out! you just need a little set up and decide that that thing isnt a trail bike anymore!!! come on commit! LOL

Old 12-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Trailblazer

Well you buy some of the parts I have for the other bikes, and I can buy BDHN's +6 and then we will be closer, I gotta peddle it or put a wheel on my back so it don't go over. I think I can get that bike out of the hole if I could keep the front down somewhat, and he'll never get around me. That 843 only turns mid 60's for hp, but it's got a +10 on it, so it stays down pretty good. Give me some time Sean, I will have it. It didn't do bad for the fact that I put it back together the night before we brought em down.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

ERAB did you have the 105mm alloy cylinder it is for sell?

Old 12-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

I wanted to keep it for a second motor , but I figured if this motor blows then I will do a Busa Motor next time, so I sold it to member here and I hope they have as much fun with it as I did.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

ERBE,i think to send my cylinder to millennium after i do some weld work.
how much time it will take to build you alloy cylinder?

Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

less than 2 weeks , are you adding support around the top of the cylinder to match the head gasket?? I was quoted 100.00 here in Riverside to do that, then a bore and plated, you will need the cylinder decked also, take before and after measurements so you know how thick of a base gasket you need.

My cylinder had an Steel Sleeve in it, and after hearing all the horror stories decided to resleeve it with an aluminum sleeve, the ideal was that the alum sleeve would expand at the same rate as the rest of the cylinder so no slippage would happen and transfer heat faster.
Scooby just went and Bored and Plated his worked good for awhile and he was running alcohol Turbo like 125 plus HP till it cracked, again my route is if yoru going to build a duner -trails quad on gas only, this is a nice cost too do so, but note Eric an Jeff have now dropped the cost of there Cast Cylinders are now a great deal

Old 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

The last time that i send my cylinder (rotax 624 ) from ISRAEL to perfect bore in UK it will take 6 month !!!
i need to decide what make the best, welding around the cylinder or to install between the cylinder and the block a puzzle piece of aluminium alloy.
what you mean "cylinder decked"?

Quick Reply: big bore for ds 650