CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can-am Renegade 800?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can-am Renegade 800?

i appreciate you guys inputs. no way in the world i would ever get a 4X4 or utility quad. i work on my friends all the time and the have problems after they get a couple of years old,no matter what make.i love the challenge of hitting hills and jumps far more than riding around in 4 wheel drive. i got till this weekend to decide,keep your comments coming please................

Old 01-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Range Rover

i appreciate you guys inputs. no way in the world i would ever get a 4X4 or utility quad. i work on my friends all the time and the have problems after they get a couple of years old,no matter what make.i love the challenge of hitting hills and jumps far more than riding around in 4 wheel drive. i got till this weekend to decide,keep your comments coming please................

Old 01-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

so appearantly you have no idea what a renegade is then, it is the same thing as an outlander it just has different plastic and no racks.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Range Rover

nope,first time ever riding a can-am atv.i went and rode it yesterday some more and it is 4 four wheel drive all the time,i didnt notice,it just didnt ride like one,its like a smart trak or something ,really nice,but would you make the trade since you know so much?

Old 01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

I'll put it this way. If I lived where you did, I would make that trade in a heartbeat. Only reason I prefer a sport quad for myself is because I ride 99% dunes. You'll love that Renegade. Also it should have a on/off switch that turns the 4x4 on or off. I rode an 800x and it had a switch.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

ya i would make the trade, your raptor in all reality would sell for no more than 3500$ and you are looking at trading for a machine that retails at over 9k. it does have a 4x4 switch and the 4x4 system is called VISCO LOK

Old 01-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

The switch is on the handlebars, I believe. That's where it is on my dad's Outtie. About the trade, I would definitely do it. I love the power of the 800. Where I live, I don't need the 4x4 most of the time, and I am fine with my LTR. However, sometimes I get stuck or whatever and I wish that I had got a Renegade or something instead....

Look, if you really don't like it, like other people have said, you can always trade it in for something with a clutch if you need to.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Range Rover

i really appreciate all your guys input,i love these forums. Other than bbr650 being a a!shole and trying to talk to me like i have no idea about atvs,you guys have been great. Ive 3500 in the engine work clutch and clutch basket and the work shocks. We went riding all night last for like 10 hours. Gotta say,when im in 6th gear i pull up to him and we are dead even. Im not gonna do the trade fellows, its a nice quad but i absolutely HATE autos. And im gonna buy another atv with my 4 grand. I just sold my GSXR 1000 so i got some dough to play with. Thanks so much guys for your input,if any of you guys live in the south,i will take yall to some of the best riding you will ever see,would be glad to take some of you guys. And another thing about the can am,doing upgrades to that thing where way exspensive,and i dont know if they can take a lick like my raptor,the yoshimura exhaust on my raptor and header where 900 bucks,that can am was beautiful also,but pretty freaking heavy,thanks for all your comments.....

Old 01-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

Cool, have fun shopping for a new machine with that extra cash. I wish I had $4000 to go out and spend on another quad or dirt bike. Good Luck!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

i was not being an azzhole, take it how you will. you stated...................................

"no way in the world i would ever get a 4X4 or utility quad. i work on my friends all the time and the have problems after they get a couple of years old,no matter what make.i love the challenge of hitting hills and jumps far more than riding around in 4 wheel drive."

for the record it doesnt really matter how much you have in your motor or shocks, bikes arnt selling right now and you can pick up a 20k drag bike for 6k right now. dont take it as me being and azz. dont get offended i had 8500 in an 04 raptor when in 06 i sold it for 4500, you cant make your money back.

Quick Reply: Can-am Renegade 800?