CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Some more DS650 questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some more DS650 questions

Definetly geting a DS some time between March and June.What i want to know is how much would a good efi system cost me and if the efi systems available are reliable or not.How much would a 730 kit cost me from OMW racing?Also what are the best dune tires, because I want to take this thing up to silver lake sand dunes.Also going to the 730 would that require a longer swing arm to keep the fronts down?I've also heard of the 520 chain conversion what is that for?Thanks alot Guys!

Old 01-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The efi kit I know nothing about, but a 730 kit is worth the money, I did not have one, but had a strong running stockbore. As far as tires stick with Haulers, you will hear they don't turn and that Sand stars or Geko's (junk) are better.By all means get a longer swinger if you do the 730, the 520 conversion is less weight rolling around and will hold up just as well as the stock 530.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

Thanks Cynick.How much horsepower is a 730 puting out?Do you happen to be on a site called Predatorowners?That Raptor looks familiar,it won Quad of the month or something,and aren't you the guy with the DS hayabusa conversion?

Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go to this web site this is where all the DS650 boys hang out.

http://www.nomercyracing.org/community/index.php

Hope that this helps.

Some of them still hang around sometimes.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Trailblazer

without port work, the 730 will be about the same as a stock bore/stroke motor with port work. You will end up needing a longer swing arm, I run a stock bore/stroke engine with a good port job, and run a +6. You could run a +4 if you are not going to drag the bike alot. Eric at OMW does good work from what I hear, you should also check with Jeff Ross at www.thebomracing.com before you do anything. Jeff built my motor and I am absolutely amazed by the power created from a stock machine. Remember that it is a package deal, Carb, pipe, CDI, and the motor work has to all work together or you are not going to make the most power for your money. Give Jeff a call, he will explain every aspect to you before you spend any money.

The only problem with nomercyracing.org is if you disagree with them, and you are from the midwest, you will be called a hillbilly, and when you question them about anything you don't agree with, you will be thrown off the forums. I used to be over there, but I got tired of the bashing of different builders than who they used, called them out on it, and they tossed me out. You can also check out www.planetsand.com but the downside is there is a subscription fee of $25/yr to be a member. But you can read the post for free.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Actually it had nothing to do with you being from the midwest or that you disagreed. LOL

I sent you a PM with my opinions brother.

BTW and having talked with and purchased from all the builders out there. I will simply say that they are all great guys, and they do what they can to help their customer be the fastest they can. I can speak for me and many others that we have no problems with any of the builders. Just people like Choosetolose

Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DragonDJ11

Actually it had nothing to do with you being from the midwest or that you disagreed. LOL

I sent you a PM with my opinions brother.

BTW and having talked with and purchased from all the builders out there. I will simply say that they are all great guys, and they do what they can to help their customer be the fastest they can. I can speak for me and many others that we have no problems with any of the builders. Just people like Choosetolose</end quote></div>

true that Dragon and we have a problem with chest thumpers or the sheep that fallow the builders that dont no what they are talking about. the short list of Bomb builders are all good people.jmo

Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

Thanks Cynick.How much horsepower is a 730 puting out?Do you happen to be on a site called Predatorowners?That Raptor looks familiar,it won Quad of the month or something,and aren't you the guy with the DS hayabusa conversion?</end quote></div>

Yep we had the DS with the Busa in it. Yes we have been on predowners too. Don't know exactly how much hp the big bore is putting out but I would say some where around 70.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cynick

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

Thanks Cynick.How much horsepower is a 730 puting out?Do you happen to be on a site called Predatorowners?That Raptor looks familiar,it won Quad of the month or something,and aren't you the guy with the DS hayabusa conversion?</end quote></div>

Yep we had the DS with the Busa in it. Yes we have been on predowners too. Don't know exactly how much hp the big bore is putting out but I would say some where around 70.</end quote></div>

With a decent port job, cams, and exhaust you would be in the area

Old 01-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

How good does a DS corner?Do I have to drive it like a car or a sport quad?

Quick Reply: Some more DS650 questions