CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

beadlocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beadlocks

Ok so my 06 ds650x is in need for some beadlocks badly I have a set of 10paddle extremes (hualer style) tires and ITP T9 rims. would i be able to buy beadlocks for the rims that i currently have or do i have to buy a whole new rim? I am new to the whole beadlock thing so any information that is helpful would be great. the problem i am having is that in 3rd 4th and 5th gear toward the top of the rpm range the rim is spinning inside the tire will beadlocks fix this?

Old 02-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Range Rover
Default beadlocks

what PSI are you running? I dont know anything about beadlocks but i think thers a glue or something you can put on your tire. You see alot of these big horsepower bikes not using bead locks so there should be a solution somewhere.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default beadlocks

There is something wrong with your set up. There is no way you should be spinning the wheels in the tires, and if you were it would be in the lower gears when you have more leverage (lower gearing) not higher gears.

Bead locks will work, but most are only for the outside. To keep the tire from popping off the bead, and if it goes flat provide some ability to keep going.

I have seen guys drill the sides of the rims and use screws before.

How do you know its the wheels slipping? Might be your clutch getting tired. Have you marked the tire and wheel so you can tell for sure?

Good luck!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Trailblazer
Default beadlocks

a buddy bought some tires from Sand Tires Unlimited, they glued them to the rim, He runs them on dirt drags on a 843 raptor with no problems. It sounds more like clutch slippage than tires spinning in the rims. If you were spinning the rims in the tires, you would have major air loss issues with the tires, at least I would think that the beads would not be seated properly.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Range Rover
Default beadlocks

i had that problem, once with a cr 500 based quad , and had to bolt the and run tubes. i just figured it was a bad set of tires, mine were big tires and it seemed
worse at speed, i tried vulcanizing rubber everything . i ran cheaper rim/tire combo with no prob just that set had a problem i think once they spin they need replaced. just a thought but it is a 9" rim and 9" tire right. try to find someone with a old set of tires and try to determin which is bad tire, or rim as rotax 650 stated they would go flat as soon as they spun.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default beadlocks

when jims sand toys was still a waynoka. he had told me there was something about the itp wheels that they like to spin the tires on the rims? he said the douglas rims were more for the paddles and didnt spin on the rims.????? he was like top saler for the skat-trak paddle so if anyone would know it would be him and he tryed to steer you away from the itps.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default beadlocks

To answer your original question, yes, you can have your rims beadlocked, OMF does it for sure, and I think Trail Read and Champion will, but I am not sure. You send your wheel, minus tire to them, and then you get your wheel with the beadlock back in the mail.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Range Rover
Default beadlocks

any idea how much they charge?

Old 02-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default beadlocks

Im with the stir i seriously dought you have tire to rim slipping problems this sounds like a standard case of clutch worn out. I put out over 120 hp every day with the monorail and run25" tall 16 paddle taller haulers @ 3psi and yet to slip on the rim atv tires just bead up too good I have also riode my trail bikes fifty plus miles on a flat and nevr spun the rim in the tire.with vipers.So i guess it could happen but it is so unlikely i would be checking my clutch if i were you.And the posibility of it slipping on both sides nill.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default beadlocks

I own a tire shop and dought that you could spin tires on the rims. I have seen it happen in diesel trucks that are done to the max but never in an atv.

I would bet my lunch that its your clutch giving out.

Quick Reply: beadlocks