CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Are there any Ex-military, or active military on atv connection forums

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any Ex-military, or active military on atv connection forums

My name is Curtis, I joined the Military 1988-1993 Ft Knox Ky. I'm disabled now, and I only like to go riding atv's, so if there are Ex-soldiers, or current Soldier from any branch that wants to hang out near some awsome trail please contact me through the sight. I would love to sit back, and here some of those one of a kind stories, and cruise the trails with you guys. You know we only really have eachother. One for all, and all for one.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry I'm a right coaster.

USA 78-81.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

RA 76-80 & I am an upnort.

X ??????????? IN SC??????
"800 Open Mod (Rotax) 617 Mach1 on NOS (Rotax) "
Just curious, not trying to hijak.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

EX???

We have lots of retired, former, and current Military members on this forum but no EX ones that I know of. Not sure how the Army terminology works out but if you are an EX Marine your spent time in the brig or prison and definitely got out under other than honorable conditions.
Maybe not so with the other Services, may just be a USMC thing.
Just got back yesterday from the big races in Dumont and in the NoMercyRacing camp we had several retierd Marines and atleast one former Marine, might have been some former Soldiers in the crowd too.
Welcome aboard.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Range Rover
Default X military meaning

If your no longer getting Military pay, and or benifits your are X out of the Military. "Hins the term X military".

So for those that are lost living off the dream of still being a soldier, with no pay. there is a problem.

I was told that my disability Bars me from realistment If that isn't being X-out of the Military what is?

I know longer Own a Military ID card, and nor will they allow me to get another one, I can't shop on post at the commissary. "Hins the term X military".

the Army offered me 50% perminent disability, then they turned me over to the VA, where they dropped my 50% perminent to a 35% perminent. "hins the term X military".

at least if the military had put me in the stockaid I would still get benifits, But to be disabled they through me to a curb, then shut the door pretty damn hard. "hins the term X military".

Bar to reinlist X military, No more rank X military. But I am one that still dream of being that super hero soldier. I just know, what it all boils down to at the end of the day.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

22 year's US Army 30% dis For me

Old 04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at Knox in '87, strange for a California native to see dry counties...

Sorry you feel that you are X military. I never have felt that way. I was part of the greatest force the world has ever known. I got to serve under one of the greatest presidents of all time, I was in Germany when the Berlin Wall came down, and to this day I still feel a brother hood with all the branches of the Armed Forces.

I'm am not X military, I'm a Veteran.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Well, from your explanation I would define your views and situation as "bitter former Soldier". No offense intended of course. We all have our stories. I've been battling the VA since I retired in 03 and just in the last month finally got my disability upped to 40%. This after being told that I should never have been let out the door at anything less than 60%, and after having two surgeries on my ankle that now has pain constantly in the 9 out of 10 scale range. Around a 60% hearing loss, broken hip along with three ribs, followed by a stroke and open heart surgery, all while on Active Duty. Getting a rating from the VA is alot like squeezing blood out of a turnip, as they say.
Hopefully something works out for you in the long haul. Just submit a rebuttal and be VERY patient. An answer will come out of the blue.

You still have to be a felon or a derelict to be Xed out of the Corps, but I get you gist and wish you well.
Semper Fi
Ace

Old 04-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

2/319 AFAR 82nd Airborne Ft Bragg, NC 87-90

Old 05-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can only imagine that you are using "Hins" and mean to use "Hence"...also, a bar to reenlistment is not given to Soldiers in good standing, so you fell from favor somehow...so, in your case, you very well may meet the definition provided by Aceisback. If not, and you feel you are due a better discharge or benefits, you should apply to the Army Board for the Correction of Military Records, the worst thing they can do is say no.

Quick Reply: Are there any Ex-military, or active military on atv connection forums