CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS fan???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS fan???

the fan on my ds rarely comes on. only after it sits for a min after shutting it off, when i turn the key on it will run for a bit. i never had it come on while riding. is this common? i was thinking of hooking it into a switch. i would think in two years it would come on at least once or twice.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Depends on how hard you're riding and ambient temp. If you stay low/mid gear with higher rpms it will come on from time to time. If you're doing high speed trail and dune riding it won't come on often. Have you left the key on after parking to see what happens? Getting back from longer dune rides and just turning the bike off it may not get the chance to kick on. Once the air stops flowing through the radiator it amy come on after sitting a few seconds. May be why you're noticing it coming on when you turn the key back on. Leave the key on after a good ride and see if the fan doesn't start after a few secs...

Old 05-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

i ran it hard in all conitions about 30 celius. ive had the red temp/oil light flashing but still no fan on.