CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Web cams and Mikuni carb questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are sure welcome. Thats what the forums are for.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

You have been given some great info here. I am with you though Goodsound $1200 for the cams...... give me a break. Even if you add the shim under conversion kit, the most you would be looking at for top notch cams is $850 lol

I am currently running the OMW 730, OMW race ported head, OMW5 Cams, and could not be happier.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by DragonDJ11
You have been given some great info here. I am with you though Goodsound $1200 for the cams...... give me a break. Even if you add the shim under conversion kit, the most you would be looking at for top notch cams is $850 lol

I am currently running the OMW 730, OMW race ported head, OMW5 Cams, and could not be happier.

Any reliability issues with your set up?

Old 06-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Time to start pinching my pennies:

OMW pricing:

Big Bore $1500
Carb kit $850
OMW-4 cam kit $850

Old 06-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Pokoki
Any reliability issues with your set up?
I have been Running OMW parts on all 3 of our DS's Not one reliability issue. And the mistakes that I have made during install (stupid rookie mistakes) Eric has spent countless hours on the phone with me helping me figure out what I did wrong, and educating me in all steps. Top notch man Eric is.

Other parts out there are good, so please do not get me wrong. I have used most of the other suppliers and shops for the DS. And each and everyone are great peeps. But having ran most everything on 1 of our bikes or the other, I have found OMW to have the best for me.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Pokoki
Time to start pinching my pennies:

OMW pricing:

Big Bore $1500
Carb kit $850
OMW-4 cam kit $850
Keep an eye out, there are great deals to be had on parts. Due to economy, and ever changing situations, you will come across people selling products at great rates.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

unless you want to put money into questionable journal. (your old used cams) ,. you pay 380, for brand new cams and about the same to have them reground and a little over 100 for a new bridge and with the shimunder kit it is pricy,
and since they are my cams i know how much they cost, and all of my parts have had everything done to them.i always wanted an 800 . but with the price of crank and new cylinder, deceided to do a gsxr conversion , to keep it reliable, and i want 100 hp. i just bought all these part's and they have less that 3 rides on them , but i found a good deal on the gsxr , so something has to go.
and once you add the twist throttle kit on the carb let me know where you can get it for 450
because the one i got from ron woods was over 500 not counting the intake and filter.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by brian 68
unless you want to put money into questionable journal. (your old used cams) ,. you pay 380, for brand new cams and about the same to have them reground and a little over 100 for a new bridge and with the shimunder kit it is pricy,
and since they are my cams i know how much they cost, and all of my parts have had everything done to them.i always wanted an 800 . but with the price of crank and new cylinder, deceided to do a gsxr conversion , to keep it reliable, and i want 100 hp. i just bought all these part's and they have less that 3 rides on them , but i found a good deal on the gsxr , so something has to go.
and once you add the twist throttle kit on the carb let me know where you can get it for 450
because the one i got from ron woods was over 500 not counting the intake and filter.
So, let me get this right. You bought new cams ($380) Paid $350 to get them ground to another spec, and $100 for a cam bridge??? I send OMW my stock cams as core, and Get brand new ground OMW4 cams for $450 brand new, and these are arguably the best dune cams on the market. But for fun, let's just say these 590 grind are equal. You have spent $830 bucks before the shim under conversion and that runs $425. I get the cams and the shim under for $850-$875. Dude, if it is really the case that is what you did, and you spent that much........ You were taken for a ride.

If those are Erbe's grind from Web, the common understanding was they were close to running the same as the OMW3 Cams Not a bad cam, but well you get the point.

And No one said anything about a twist throttle, filter, or intake. Is all that included in your deal? He said a 48mm Mik Carb.

We are not attacking you. But you are talking to some guys who have built these things with every builder out there. We know what the costs are. And if you truely paid over $1100 bucks for your cams, you were rapped. End of story there.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:50 AM
Range Rover

that is the reason i dont go on this site that much anymore. you might as well change the name to omw connections . and dont get me wrong, if it wern't so exspensive i would use his crank, cylinder ect. and for the matter pammi cams are even cheaper. and better for racing aps . but i wanted to keep my old cams , which weren't stock . and after building motors for the last 15 + years . i have learned not to cut corners. so go cheap if you want.
but i would never pay all that money and use old cams. when they regrind they don't redo the journals so if it isn't up to specs oh well right? you can get annother set next year.
i have used web cams and had no problems with them , and a friend of mine runs one of the oldest shops around , i had them within 2 weeks . and they pull from about 2500-8000
with my set up. who does the regrinds for eric? funny that he has 3 's and 4's and web now sells to new versions very similar. the bottom line is you get what you pay for!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

"you might as well change the name to omw connections".....wwwwhhhaaaattttt???????????
What are you talking about?? I dont know about everyone else, but Im having a hard time following this guy. Are you saying that Erics stuff is cheap quality but high priced?? And since you've been assembling motors for 15 years, you know better than he does. If so.....ROTFLMAO

"pami cams are even cheaper"......I bought a set of pami race cams about 2 years ago, and it cost me 950.00 just for the two cams only. By the time you match the euro to the dollar and pay for shipping from Germany, Pami cams are most definitely not cheaper.

"and better for racing aps "...That might be your OPINION, but what proof do you have to support such a comment?

One last thing I would like to point out, is that I do agree with you on one thing. You make mention of his cranks and cylinders being expensive, and then after all your gibberish, you end your post with "you get what you pay for". So I agree, some of Erics stuff is expensive (for good reason), but you do get what you pay for. And, what you get is the best!!!! That is my personal opinion, but it has been proven to me over and over again. How many races have your bikes won??? What times are your bikes running??? What numbers are your bikes making on the dyno??? Lets start talking facts here.

Oh yeah, one last thing....1200.00 dollars for cams...AHHHH HAHAHAHAH HA AHA HA AHAH....I just cant get over that one. LOL

Quick Reply: Web cams and Mikuni carb questions