CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 Auxillary Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009 | 08:36 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Adding a dedicated switch for the fogs

I'm thinking of bypassing it and adding a separate switch to control them. The way it was working is a cumbersome setup. Seems like many people have had this same issue. Has anyone done this?

Old 11-27-2009 | 11:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but not too sure what switch to use. I have checked all of te relays by replacing them, as well as checked the fuses. Looks like I will actually get out the multi-meter and do it right. I will get to the bottom of it. ThEre are several threads out there but all seem to die before it is solved. There seems to be onl a few things it could be. Let's see if we cant actuall finish this thread!

Old 11-27-2009 | 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK, spent a little time with the bomb and fixed it. I had power at the fuse, so that pretty much mean bad bulbs or a bad relay. I had no power to the lights themselves, so with 10 hours on the bike, I assumed it was the relay. I read the relay was on the left side, so when the relay I checked was fine, I was stumped. Well, I was checking the wrong relay. I was checking the relay on the left side, but more rearwards on the bike near a black box that I assume was the ignition module or something. So I found another one actually riveted onto the left light aluminum guard. I felt it and it was warm. I unplugged it and threw in a 50 amp one I had not he shelf and presto!!! The lights came on so I checked the fuse on the right cover and the relay on the left and see what you get. Thanks to this site for the help!!

Old 11-28-2009 | 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

I have these relays in stock... the easy way to test them, is to unplug the relay..turn the key on, turn the headlight on high beam.. jump the 2 terminals that form a "T" in the plug. if the lights come on, the relay is bad.

Old 12-08-2009 | 04:06 PM
Range Rover
Default about the lights

had same problem turned out to be the relay went to my local auto parts and bought one put it on and that was that.And it is on the left hand light rivited to the housing just drill out the rivet and put it back on with a machine bolt and lock nut

hey schambo let me know wat kinda riser u used with your pro taper se bars

Old 12-09-2009 | 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

First, check the fuse... it is located under the seat. Then, unplug the relay & jump the plug... Using a jumper wire, jump the 2 terminals that form a "T" Turn the key & light switch on high beam & see if the auxillary lights come on. If they come on, the relay is bad..

Where are you located?

Old 12-09-2009 | 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by stunner4206
hey schambo let me know wat kinda riser u used with your pro taper se bars

I am interested too since I rolled this pig at Pozo la ponza this weekend on a black diamond downhill and tweeked the bars and broke the front fender brackets! Appearantly these 500 pound turds aren't meant for technical runs. haha. I lasted 2 days before turning the beast over though. Also, I must also add the 15 tooth sprocket change made 2nd and 3rd gears so much better in this environment. Sorry for the mini thread hi-jack!

Old 12-10-2009 | 11:45 AM
Range Rover
Talking

Originally Posted by Delta 4 Wheel
I am interested too since I rolled this pig at Pozo la ponza this weekend on a black diamond downhill and tweeked the bars and broke the front fender brackets! Appearantly these 500 pound turds aren't meant for technical runs. haha. I lasted 2 days before turning the beast over though. Also, I must also add the 15 tooth sprocket change made 2nd and 3rd gears so much better in this environment. Sorry for the mini thread hi-jack!

hey on the fender bracket i have a pair of full front fenders off a 2007 ds650x on ebay if ur interested 25$ + 20$ for shipping if intetrested just search ds650 front fenders on ebay thank you i might be able to help

Old 12-10-2009 | 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

I have a set of new take off, front fender brackets.

Old 02-07-2010 | 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

The relay change out worked for me.

Quick Reply: DS650 Auxillary Lights