CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

raptor trade

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a raptor and a ds, so i can say what i want thank you. and my ds kills my raptor OK.

Old 02-22-2001, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Weak in the mid-I dont think so.The DS has great mid and as far as low,the Raptor tires grab better stock for stock,but with a good pipe and better grabing tires it's a whole new story.

Old 02-24-2001, 04:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jimmie, so you have a Raptor an a DS and you like the DS more. Why? I am curious because i have been looking at both. I am having a hard time deciding which one to buy. All I ever here you say is "craptor" this and "craptor" that. Why does the Raptor suck so much? I know the DS is much wider which obviously gives more stability through the corners, but i ride primarily TIGHT woods, and some open sand. The Raptor has to be good at something, especially considering it is 60 lbs lighter!

Old 02-24-2001, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

OK never enough, my ds jumps better, turns better, 12 inches of travel is better than 9, the raptor wheelies too much so if you're turning and gas it you go straight, the ds650 has more power than a 660 whats wrong with that picture, now my raptor did beat my ds in a straight line till i got stage 1 kit, but last i checked i rode mx so the raptor on the mx track gets killed, NOW for you woods riders it's ok if you can keep some weight on the front cause the center of gravity is back about 6 inches. Also you may have heard about the 1 hour oil change on the raptor wtf, and the sub frames break easy, the front brakes don't even work they are exercise, 2nd gear is like 1st to 3rd on most quads, but hey its got rev and takes up less space in the garage. So never enough thats my opinion on both, you know it's not all bad my wife likes the raptor better, she can't handle the ds, (the raptor is a good girls quad).

Old 02-25-2001, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Your Ds kills your Raptor....ha you have a Stage 1 kit. I would hope you can win. QUOTE "My Raptor was faster in a straight line until I put A stage 1 kit in".

Old 02-25-2001, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

hey eri craptor i don't need stage1 cause not many mx tracks are in a straight line, the ds kills it anyway or dont you get it. face it it's better than the raptor

Old 02-25-2001, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe the DS is jsut better for your riding style

Old 02-26-2001, 07:22 AM
Trailblazer

I drag raced a friend on his raptor this weekend. Our bikes are both stock.
In about 80/90 meters I gave him a 10 meters advance. And he has much more experience than I do.
Now, there is a lot of things that you can say about drag racing, etc, etc, and I do agree that drag racing is not of much significance, but if you add that to a better suspension, better handling, better parts, you get a better quad overall - more expensive though.
Now I think we all agree that Yamaha has more than enough know-how to make a state-of-the-art quad, but they just didn't. Go figure why...

Old 02-28-2001, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

Don't you just got to do the +2 A-arms to get a Raptor to corner? I mean to get it to slide around a corner instead of rolling up on two wheels? along with the wider rear axle?
For all this talk about the narrow stance of the Raptor being for motocross and woods riding, every picture of every race quad out there is wider than anything we can buy. Why don't they just make them wide, like the DS, to start with???
Silly later,,,,Fourlix

Old 03-05-2001, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

Hey mtecate4g did you email me. If you did whats your phone number so I can call you and talk to you. I am now doing alot of trail riding so I will trade my ds fo someones raptor.

Quick Reply: raptor trade