CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Reprogramming Traxter

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 07:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a 2000yr Traxter, which enjoy a lot. It has 2200km on the odometer and I have not had any problems with it so far. I would however like to reprogram the shifting computer to shift faster. From previous post, I understand this can be done using the the existing controls on the handle bars plus a jumper. Does anybody on this forum have the exact procedure to follow for doing this?
Thanks for help......... MJS

The following users liked this post:
LeeAnn Vaughn (05-04-2021)
Old 02-23-2001, 08:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mjstx,

I reponded to a post about the Traxters transmission. I got my information from a dealer. I did not see the procedure but he told me that it required a 9 volt battery, a couple of leads and the interface was the instrument panel. He also said it was very simple and that they were going to make up kits for customers so they could perform the task themselves. This dealership was in Vegreville, Alberta but there must be other dealerships that can provide this same info.

Good Luck

Old 02-24-2001, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

email me jfccac@yahoo.com
I just did it

John C

Old 02-26-2001, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

It is indeed simple for some one that has the info, seen it done to mine, by factory trained mechanic, just the jumper in the harness and then pushing the shifter buttons and watching the idiot lights on the speedo layout.
Mine is set for #5 quickest and I love it, like a foot shift, but still has to see the rpm vs wheel speed then bingo, done.
No batteries just the factory test tool (jumper) into the harness at right place.

Old 02-27-2001, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thats right. We just got the bombardier franchise at the dodge dealership i work at. I bought a 2001 traxter and will also be the bomb. tech there. The procedure is done just like you said. I just brought the jumper home with me tonight to mess around with mine in case customers request changes. I'll let you know where i like mine set but can't imagine that it will be anything but the quickest shift.

Old 02-27-2001, 09:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have a 2000 traxter i would like a little more info on this mine shifts a bit slow maybe this would help it out.

Old 02-27-2001, 09:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

traxterick, do you work at solomon dodge?

Old 02-27-2001, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Traxerick,
We worked the Dog Hollow track last summer with our Traxters, This was the first time we got into a nose to nose push with a Grizzly, sad day for the Yammaie boys, they all disapeared into the crowd.
Though you might like to know.

Old 02-27-2001, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

#5 is slowest...# 1 is quickest. I've got mine on 1/2 so its quicker but not the quickest.

It'sreal easy but I need to translate from the manual and won'thave time for a while. it took me aboutfive minutes the first time i did it and I could now do it in a minute or two

Old 02-28-2001, 12:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

.wvrooster,
No i don't work there. I work at McGregor dodge about an hour northeast of pittsburgh. About the shifting, i just changed mine tonight. Could not tell a big difference just around the driveway but i'm going to leave it on 1, the quickest, until i ride on the trails this weekend. Also it did seem to make more of a difference in low range. I'll take the jumper with me in case i want to change it. I'll try to remember to let you know how it works out.
Also wanted to ask sprintpusher where dog hollow is located. There is a track 25 miles from me with the same name.

Quick Reply: Reprogramming Traxter