CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

It's been a while... need some help with my DS650 project

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's been a while... need some help with my DS650 project

Hello Everyone,

it's been quite some time since I posted here. I used to be an avid poster on these forums but life has changed and I actually been riding less and less each year.

I've started a DS650 proejct about 2-3 years ago and I'm on the final stages on my project. I owned 2 DS650 prior to this build however they were 2000 models. The bottom end of this build is from a 2003. There is this hose that comes out of this elbow that is threaded onto the bottom end that the oil goes thru the motor (it's located on the bottom end of the bike and one end connects to a hose). I was told in the past this helps the DS in the event it flips over it won't starve the engine of oil.

Well mine is cut on the end and even tho I haven't fired it yet, some oil came out of this hose. I can't seem to find where the end of this hose goes to. Perhaps cap it off some how? Any suggestions? I'm hoping to fire it next week (as soon as I can find some race fuel locally).

Old 05-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

After 2000 they started with this - it is an air bleed for the oiling system, with this bleed hose the need to crack the screw behind the oil filter is not needed. Even though it is an air bleed - you will see oil in it. Either replace with a new hose back to the nipple on the oil tank or cap it off & bleed it when you change the oil. Once the engine is primed its fine to cap off the hose.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Ahhh so the other end goes back to the oil tank in front of the bike. I cranked the bike to prime it.. (did not start, just to crank it and get the oil going thru it) and I found a pool of oil coming out of this hose, Wasn't sure where it it was supposed to be.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

Correct ... back to the oil tank.