CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

your experiences with the 07 outlander 800 max xt

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default your experiences with the 07 outlander 800 max xt

I have a guy up north (new hampshire) that is interested is swapping me his 2007 outlander max 800 xt for my 08 800 outlander xt-

I'm seriously considering it because I like the 2-up feature, and he says the max it too long for his tight trails and want's a shorter wheelbase...

I have mixed feelings about dropping to an 07 from a redesigned 08- there's a huge difference between the 2 model years. I've read very positive things about the 07, and I've read horror stories about the 07- but I've not heard any negative things about the 08 outlander 800- what do you guys think? His 07 only has 150 miles on it and he says it's mint. My 08 is pushing 2k.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with that miles i may have considered it as well. Does it have a warranty still? does yours?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:56 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by mudslinginfool
with that miles i may have considered it as well. Does it have a warranty still? does yours?
mine is still under 6 months of warranty till dec 2010- no warranty on his.
his also comes with a plow-

Old 06-17-2010, 03:49 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Oh man- I've been scouring the internet reading about these 07 frames- lots of people bending their 07 max frame- Now I'm scared... This guy has had nothing but major issues with the cvt housing leaking & breaking his frame... here's his story. Looks like can-am is taking care or the cvt issue, but he's on his own for the frame.

ATV -2007 Can-Am Outlander MAX 800 H.O. EFI XT

Old 06-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know where you have been reading except for a lot of "passed on" information that some folks that don't have Outlanders are spreading. The link above goes to a post where he admits hitting a waterbar/bank at 50 mph and blowing out both right side tires. Not many quads would survive that without damage. As far as I know the frames are the same now as they were in 06 when the Outlander first came out. Apparently Can Am is not having enough frame warranty issues to change anything. I have an 06 with Ricochet skids that I have put thru hell without any frame problelms. If you do the frame mod or add good skids to the Outlanders they are about bulletproof.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:48 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Cardiac
I don't know where you have been reading except for a lot of "passed on" information that some folks that don't have Outlanders are spreading. The link above goes **************** a post where he admits hitting a waterbar/bank at 50 mph and blowing out both right side tires. Not many quads would survive that without damage. As far as I know the frames are the same now as they were in 06 when the Outlander first came out. Apparently Can Am is not having enough frame warranty issues **************** change anything. I have an 06 with Ricochet skids that I have put thru hell without any frame problelms. If you do the frame mod or add good skids **************** the Outlanders they are about bulletproof.
I've been watching some youtube videos on the frame mods- seems simple enough and that was my major concern.
Ya- I guess any atv would fall apart hitting a bank at 50 (if not kill the rider)

I've read a lot of posts by owners who've had problems with the cvt cover leaking- doesn't seem like it would be a major problem to fix. I've read that was one of the issues that was corrected in 08 along with some cooling issues, which also seem to be popping up in other forums by can-am owners.

actually- most of the "issues" seem not to bad to fix or prevent with a little modding.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:50 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

sorry- double post