CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Are Can-Am's really the best???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yamaha's don't suck at all, in fact the 700 Grizzly is a very nice handling, very well balanced machine. BUT... It doesn't come close to the power thrills from a Can Am 650 or 800, or a Popo 850 XP. But it will take you where you need to go in comfort. Heck, even a Brute 750 is thrilling compared to a Grizzly, but we're not talking about Kawi's. The top of the big bore heap is occupied by Can Am and Polaris... sure, Arctic Cat has the Thundercat, but it needs handling improvements to compete. Rider preference will decide, so try to ride everything in the class you're thinking of buying from, and then decide.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:31 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by makememad94
Hay thanks everybody for the responses. I saw a video of a can am pullin a grizzly 660 the other day. I was kind of considering a 660 or 700 til I saw this. Do yamahas really suck that bad?

Means nothing,last winter sledding I seen a beat up 1987 340 fan cooled Polaris Indy Lite pulling out a like new 2008 Ski-Doo MX Z Renegade X 800 H.O. The guy on the ski-doo, helmet was worth more money than the Polaris towing him out.

My closest riding friend has a 03 660 Grizzly and besides one front wheel bearing it never failed yet.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Do yamahas really suck that bad?

Not only are the Grizzly'S a GREAT all around machine they are the top selling big bore!,World wide for a reason! I have seen or pulled just about every brand of atv out of the woods its not always about the machine it self but how you take care of it!

Old 08-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

I was wondering where D57H was in this thread. Somebody mentions Yamaha, and there he is. Kinda like those State Farm commercials.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by bitterfitter
I was wondering where D57H was in this thread. Somebody mentions Yamaha, and there he is. Kinda like those State Farm commercials.
Dont hate! Remember God is watching!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

No hate but I for one, wonder why you are always on the Can Am forums. There are plenty of people on the Yamaha forums that are having problems and could use your expertise.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Hay thanks everybody for the responses. I saw a video of a can am pullin a grizzly 660 the other day. I was kind of considering a 660 or 700 til I saw this. Do yamahas really suck that bad?
I've not seen any Yamahas broken down on the trail personally. I've seen a Suzuki MX bike that needed to have a plug changed and a Honda Rancher with the same issue. One Arctic Cat that they couldn't figure out what was going on. Friend has an older PoPo and he made the mistake of shutting it off when he new his battery was on the way out. Not the easiest thing pull starting a PoPo 500. Got a new batter and it was fine. Son was driving his Polaris ATP in high gear all the time under 10 mph on rocky technical trails. Eventually burned out his belt. Polaris Sportsman X2 just like mine. Guy was watching a moose and didn't see the log. Kicked it up under the plastic and ripped his throttle cable out. Towed him 5 miles out of the woods and hills, and mud and rocks with my X2. These were all minor issues. As said, I've never seen a Yami broken down yet.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by Cardiac
No hate but I for one, wonder why you are always on the Can Am forums. There are plenty of people on the Yamaha forums that are having problems and could use your expertise.
Nice to hear from you again Cardiac! Thanks for caring so much about where I post on this OPEN forum!

Old 08-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

D57H No problem. I usually get a chuckle from your posts. Just sayin'

Old 08-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by Cardiac
D57H No problem. I usually get a chuckle from your posts. Just sayin'
I wonder if that is the same laugh I get from yours Move along nothing to see here

Quick Reply: Are Can-Am's really the best???