CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Carb

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb

Let me just say - looks to be a great site! Looked around the net and saw a couple different forums - this one was by far the most informative and members are interested it helping not just there to act like a Jack*****.

Did some research on my problem ( 02' DS 650 gas leaking out vents of carb and filled head full of gas - to the point it would not crank) so I need to check out the float, got it. Odd thing is, the problem did not show up till after I took the carb apart because the rotating part of the throttle where the cable connects gummed up from sitting so long. My question is, can the float seat be rotated so that it would cause this problem? If it was completely round then I wouldn't even question it - but it does have two flats? I then took it back apart and looked at this very thing but other than the flats everything where the needle rests on the seat is round. So I didn't think it would make difference - but lord knows I've been wrong before (just ask my wife).

Sorry for the long post,

Bill

Old 04-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Trailblazer

Mine was doing the same thing and i cleaned the seat for the float needle with a qtip and carb cleaner. I would spray out your jets and passages also if it has been sitting that long.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Welcome to the forum Bill. As you stated there is a lot of good info to be found here and as you probably already found most questions have already been asked and answered multiple times. A quick search usually locates any issue that you may have.
If you run into a problem with the DS that is not getting addressesd in a timely fashion then jump on over to NoMercyRacing and post in the CanAm forum there. The majority of the knowledge core hangs there since there was a lot of hate and discontent due to builder loyalties here a few years ago. Most of them drop in here from time to time to help out the newbs to the DS, but usually reside over there. Both are great forums no matter how you slice it.
Again, Welcome.