CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BIG GUN EXHAUST TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I JUST SENT BACK MY BIG GUN EXHAUST TODAY. AS I
SAID BEFORE, I WAS EXCITED AND I WAITED FOR MONTHS
TO GET MY BIG GUN EXHAUST. BUT NOW AFTER MY HEADERS FLAKE, MY HEADERS HAVE AN EXHAUST LEEK EVERY TIME I GO RIDE. PACKING KEEPS BLOWING OUT.
BURNT THE PAINT OFF MY FRAME. SPRINGS ON MY PIPE
RATTLE AND COMPLETELY BLEW OUT MY SPARK ARESTER.AFTER SPENDING $460.00 I WOULD EXSPECT A BETTER PRODUCT THEN THIS. SO WE'LL SEE HOW GOOD BIG GUNS WARRENTY IS ON THERE PIPE. SEE IF THEY STAND BEHIND THERE PRODUCT. SO I HOPE SOMEONE FROM BIG GUN READS THIS! KEEP YOU UP TO DATE ON WHAT HAPPENS.
THANKS!

Old 03-15-2001, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Please let me know what they do or say about your exhaust. I have one of the newer versions, and am starting to see similar broblems after only 4 or 5 rides. to get the pipe to even bolt on, I had to cut 1/4" off of one of the head tubes. I stopped the leaking with heat resistant silicone everywere the pipes join, but I'm sure that will make it fun when I have to take it apart again. I just want to find a good flowing pipe that doesn't stick out past the grab bar.

Old 03-15-2001, 06:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

With all the problems that people are having with thier Big Guns and Ron woods pipe I sure am glad that I bought Custom X pipe from Australia. The finish is excellent, the fit is excellent the performance is excellent,and it only cost 350 bucks not bad for a stainless steel system.

Give it a go, the custom x pipe is fitted to the Bombardier Factory race bike in Australia so if they are using it it must be good.

650havoc.

Old 03-15-2001, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

hey knutz i,ve been thinkin bout cutting an inch off my woods pipe, cause other than length it's killer, why not unbolt the end cap and cut it. it only sticks out a 1/2 inch anyway.

Old 03-17-2001, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Gradon's leak at the head pipe too.

Old 03-17-2001, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

hey 650havoc ron woods pipe is not a problem, i can cut off the deflecter on the end, its only 1/2 too long, no biggy it's the best pipe out there.

Old 03-18-2001, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

sand45,
I have the same problems as you. I'm so upset with them that I'm red in the face. I talked to a guy there and he said sent it back to a guy that will recoat it. What about down time? What about cost of sending it? What about my time to remove & reinstall it? The guy said it was a problem with the Raptors & DS650 pipes. I don't want it fixed! I want it replaced! Not a "send it in and wait 2 weeks". But a cross ship with pre-paid label for the defective pipe!

Old 03-19-2001, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Im going to try to get my money back!becuse if they dont change the way they coat the pipe,the same things going to happen again! They must have somthing real wrong becuse its happenimg to all kind of there exhaust to diffrent atv's.Well i will know more next week when i get my pipe back.I put my stock exhaust back.after i get my biggun back ( if i dont get a refund)im going to sell it and get a slip on less problems that way! SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO BUY A 2001 BIG GUN SYSTEM I HAVE ONE FOR SALE AT A REAL GOOD PRICE!!!

Old 03-19-2001, 01:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

When you send your pipe back to big gun, don't expect another one for months later!!!!!!

Old 03-19-2001, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Graydon Proline with stock header it is the same as CT's The bad part I have been down for a month because of shock I am getting TSC set up but they will not have any spring till April

Quick Reply: BIG GUN EXHAUST TROUBLE