CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

turbo/efi or 760cc big bore kit??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 04:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I just got my ds two days ago and in six monthes I want to get some engine mods when I save enough money. I have a few questions about both the turbo/efi and 760cc big bore kit. My questions are:

1. Which one has better horsepower gains and how much do you gain when you put one or the other on?

2. What is the top speed if you put either one of these on?

3. Are they reliable?

Any info will be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Dan

Old 03-21-2001, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

Scooby dooby doo Where are you? Their asking and your missing!!

Old 03-21-2001, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

I wish that I had hard #'s for you, but I haven't gotten them yet. Team Pami got 77HP with a 40MM carb on there 760 kit, but I've now set it up with a 45MM and feel a good "seat of the pants" difference.

I'm sure both will go faster than almost anyone dares to go dependant on what gearing is installed. I know that with my stock gearing and 22" tires, I walked away from a truck that was doing 90 and wasn't near my top speed.

It sounds like the turbo will give more peak power, but I'm intrested in compiaring the 2 myself. I see a few other advantages to the Team Pami kit. 1-I'de be a little worried about the hot exhaust pipe that routes around the out side of the frame, near the riders leg. I wouldn't want to worry about burning myself when I'm trying to handle all the power. 2-The power delivery sounds rather abrupt and hard to controll. It prob. works great in a drag race, but I wouldn't want that power to hit in the middle of a turn or just as I aproach a jump. Not to mention, if power hits sudden as aposed to smoothly, it's harder to keep traction. Traction is an issue with either of these kits. 3-Availability, does anyone make a kit for the turbo or are they custom works? I'm not sure about that one, but I'm sure one of you know the answer to it. 4-Time to build, these turbo's both seem like they took a long time to build. With the Team Pami kits, we can have it down to 2 weeks down time or less if needed. And that is taking shipping into account. Since you are here in Las Vegas, we could have you up and running in 2 days in an emergency. 5-Expence,lots of top quality parts and time go into these turbo systems, so they seem to be rather expencive. Much less time and fewwer parts are involved in the 760 kit[also very high quality]so the price is a little more affordable.

I'm not trying to degrade the turbo systems, they sound like they are very nice. But for my money,"there's no replacement for displacement"

I'de still like to see a turbocharged DS 760!

Old 03-21-2001, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Knutz,

Just for a ballpark figure, what does the Team Pami kit sell for installed by you?