CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I messed up, hopefully not too much.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I messed up, hopefully not too much.

I just got me a 2015 Can-am Renegade 800R as a repo. I'm used to yamahas but this son of a gun is a blast. I noticed it was slipping a bit and i automatically assumed it was the belt as rest assured it was. I'm a bit of an idiot for doing this. I thought it would be easier to remove the secondary clutch from the quad and put the belt back on that way and it did't work so I put it back on and retreated to using the threaded bolt method and heck yeah it worked. The catch is that I must have not torqued it to spec and it came lose and ate a hole in my cover. Oh well ill just put it back on correctly and replace the cover. What I'm scared of is the fact that the secondary bent forward and put the tiniest little groove in that primary at the very base. It's not a rough groove it's smooth but its at the very base of the clutch and the groove is all the way around it. Is there a a potential that i messed that primary up or is it something that is able to be coped with. I want to do the right thing here, but if it's something I can live with then I will because primary's are about 600 bucks.

Thank's for reading.