CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Intercooled EFI/Turbo DS650 pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Austinl911,
call the number in the post below and see how their raptor kit is coming along it may save you time and some aggrevationthis post is two months old)

I spoke with an engineer named Joe at the R&D facility of Aerodyne today. Aerodyne has a manufacturing
facility in Dallas TX, and is the premier manufacturer of Turbos (aerocharger) for all makes and models of cars
and bikes.

http://www.aerocharger.com/actshome.htm

They have both a DS and Raptor that the are desiging a Turbo for, the raptor is further along and is running
very well off the stock carb. The DS will be designed to run off the stock carb as well and they anticipate it will
put out 70-75 hp on pump gas and will be able to market the kits for around $3500. An intercooler will not be
offered as they do not believe that the stop and go type ridding of the average ATVer is a consistent way to
cool the intake air (you've got to have a large volume of air passing over it at a high rate of speed) A
water/methanol injection system will most likely be available by a company called aquamist.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/rescr/rescr.html
(very interesting reading in FAQ)
For ATV ing it is actually more effective and consistent. Although 70-75 hp is a very respectable number for this
size displacement, max power is not their primary objective, Joe says that useability and reliability are more
important.
If any one is interested Joe can be contacted at
1-888-665-9697, I don't think they want to be inundated by questions right now but a show of interest for the
DS turbo should help push things along a little faster.

Old 05-01-2001, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

hey major! thanks for the info. Got some questions for you too. Is yours intercooled or does it have the aquamist system? is the aquamist expensive? can I put an intercooler on it? who did you get your turbo and EFI off of? did you install it yourself? Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Old 05-03-2001, 02:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm sure however Mr. Turbo sets up the Raptor turbo you will be happy with it. Call them and talk to them about their setup.

Is the turbo the best option for you based on your type of riding and trails? I would guess you'd need to lengthen and widen the Raptor for better stability.

Mine is mainly for dunes and wide open areas.