CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Rev Limiter

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you guy's think of the after market rev limiter for the DS?

Could I risk damaging th motor?

Who sells it and how much?

Please advise and include RPM limits to maintain if any.

Thanks,

Joseph

00 DS 650
Custom X Muffler
K & N Filter
Nurf Bars
6 Pack Rack
Complete Under Carrige RPM Covers
Alba Racing Kit

Old 04-20-2001, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Aftermarket ignition boxes come in a variety of limits. Team Pami has just started carrying boxes with limits of 8200, 8500, 8800 and a box without a limit. The stock limit works well with a stock quad because in stock form you are well past your peak power befor hitting it. But once a pipe or other mods are added, an aftermarket ignition box will show it's value exponentialy. The box does more than just raise the rev limit, but it also recurves the ignition timing to take advantage of the increased flow of performance add ons.

If you are intrested in purchasing a Team Pami ignition box, please E-mail me. Retail price is $290[slightly less than Ron Woods Box]

Old 04-20-2001, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

We carry an ignition amplifier box that comes straight from Rotax, for racing. It has more advance on the bottom, does not retard the ignition above 6500 and has no rev limiter. The stocck DS, even with pipe and filter, loses power above 8,000, and the stock springs are good for 8500 rpm. With our dual valve springs, the motor is safe to above 8500.

'85 Wood-Rotax 600
130+ mph

Old 04-20-2001, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer
Old 04-21-2001, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Eli who is we?
Bearman

Old 04-21-2001, 03:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

1Bearman, I'm betting Eli is closely tied to Ron Woods Racing out of Costa Mesa, CA. (Noting he lives in Costa Mesa, and seems to know an awful lot about these sorts of products.) The more people we get in here who truly know the products, the better informed all people can be when purchasing such things. I like the idea of being able to 'know' to some extent someone from the various different aftermarket shops, it gives a prospective buyer a good source of information from which that buyer can make an informed choice about what products will fit the bill. that, and as long as it's done without 'advertising' it's well within the realm of forum rules, and benefits the forums more than anything. (Where else can a person go to talk to people who work at all the various different shops? - no where!)

Old 04-21-2001, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad that you feel that way. I was coming in the forums and sharing my experience as well as learning from others befor I became associated with Team Pami. Now, as there distributer I still come in here to learn what everyone would like. The feed back that I recieved from all of you is the reason that Team Pami now offers pump gas friendly motors. You asked, we responded! I hope that my input has not been constude as pure advertizing, since I try to help with anything I can, whether it is related to selling Team Pami products or not. It is nice to see ELI54 in here to help answer questions, although his business and mine are in direct competition. I've spoken to him and relize that he is very knowledgeable and can be an asset to the forum. Team Pami and Ron Woods Racing are both fine companies with different solutions to the quest for power from your Rotax motor. Thanks for every ones support, and I look forward to future discusions.

Old 04-21-2001, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Eliot works at ron woods racing, i've talked to him and he's helped me with a couple questions.

Old 04-22-2001, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Does Team Pami have a website?

Old 04-23-2001, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Jimmie and Blackhawk
I thought perhaps that Eli was Elliot but wasnt sure.
Happy Trails
Bearman

Quick Reply: Rev Limiter