CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 650 warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a quote from Warranty Direct for a 48 month policy of $499. Is this a good price? I didn't price a warranty from Bombardier. Is their's competitive? This warranty is NO deductible, unlimited mileage, and is transferable. Covers parts & labor. Warrantydirect.com is their web site. If anyone has any experience with them or another company let me know. Later

2001 DS 650 stock(till it's broke-in good)

Old 05-19-2001, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

The important question is, Will the warranty still be valid if you do any mods to the DS? I would expect that they void the warranty for a pipe or rev box any anything else that would boost the power. If you are content to leave it stock for 4 years, then it sound like a good deal, but if your going to want more power down the road, you might just be throwing $500 away.

Old 05-19-2001, 10:57 AM
Trailblazer

That's a good point. Their web site says nothing about performance inhancements. It probably depends on how much you do. I don't think a car warranty is voided by adding a pipe or exhaust system, chip, etc. I guess I'd need to know to see if it would be worth it.

Old 05-20-2001, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Federal law prevents manufacturer warranties from being voided if an unrelated modification is installed on a vehicle. For example, a trucks warranty will still cover the transmision if a lift kit is installed on the truck, but if oversize tires are added, the warrenty does not have to be honored. If a computer chip is installed, all computer controlled parts are no longer covered[if the manufacturer finds out about the chip].

Independant warranties are not required to follow the same rules however. They may void there warranty for any reason they describe in there contract, so please read it carefully. An aftermarket ignition box is one of the "standard" mods that many riders install, and I'm confident that the warranty would be voided if they found out that the rev limiter were moved, even if it still had a limiter.

Old 05-21-2001, 09:47 AM
Range Rover

I'm thinking of a Pami rev box as my next mod. I have an xtended warranty on my DS. Is there any way they could tell it was switched. Meaning if I had motor problems and I switched it back to the stock cdi could they tell. Also how much woould I gain from uping the limit to 8500 rpm. I have pipe and filter. I drag race so that little edge could help. The only quad I lost to last weekend was a DS with a Woods pipe and box. I had better reaction times and hit higher mph than him. I was kinda worrying about all the Raptors, but I should have been more about the bored 400ex since he was closer. So please throw me so more info. on the different level boxes. Thanks