CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

carbon fiber rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 09:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just watned to let all of the ds owners out their no that hiper-tech has carbon fiber rims out for the ds and they give it a real nice look i bought a set of them and i am convinced that they r more resisant to punishment than any other alumnium wheel out their, so if any body has trouble with their rims try a set of these

Old 06-05-2001, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

no i havent had any problems with any slow leaks the bead locks are a nice quality they have fingers that go insid the outer modular section and it seams to be a great fit.no they r not a shiney rim but for some of us the black rim is a nice look,the pictures of that ds look pretty good to me. thanks your nowledge of the process of the rim is nice to no i was wondering how they were made

Old 07-08-2002, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

I race Desert and have seen Hypertech wheels fall apart. To many Desert races have been lost when one of these wheels have failed! I know the guys that are running them use a tube which makes it heavier than a aluminum wheel. Use a aluminum wheel with a rimsaver and powdercoat it black.

Old 07-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Beadlocks in my opinion are over rated. I ride the **** out of my Baja over the rocks and ledges and ruts her in So. Cal, and anyone else that rides down here can testify to the triple Balck Diamond trails that are all over this place, are the living hell for tires and rims! I have never, ever popped a bead on a quad or a three wheeler in my life, nad I tend to ride pretty hard. The only time I have ever seen anyone pop a bead was when he was ***** out in third and tried turning a corner wicked hard, only to smack his tire on a 2 foot rock that had no intentions of going anywhere, and that was just plain stupidity! Oh, Don't get me wrong I am sure there is quite a few of you out there who have some sort of horror story about how you blew out your bead somewhere. It is only my opinion. My other opinion, ist that if your are doing something crazy enough to blow out your beads!, then your are doing something crazy enough to get yourself Maytagged permanently! Just my 2 cents! Take care, be careful, and ride SAFE!

Old 07-10-2002, 06:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree regular beads are great. I have only blew a bead in my front right side when I flew over a dune doind 60 and had a really bad landing and all the weight was slapped on the front right tire. And the hole thing was my fault because I hit the jump at an angle and it threw me to my left rear tire and slamed the front right in the ground. so I dont think I am gonna waste my money on a defective beadlock rim.

Old 07-10-2002, 10:22 PM
Air
Pro Rider

I bought a set from CalDS650 and really like them I do alot of mountain riding and the narrow offset really helped on the trails. I slammed them a couple of times really hard into rocks twice hard enough to stop me. and neither front rim was hurt. I have destroyed 3 sets of OEM rims.

Old 07-11-2002, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

markynark. How much do you want for yours? Are they still in good shape?

Old 07-11-2002, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

marky are they for your ds or your ex?

Old 07-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Range Rover

If those wheels are so terrible and you are willing to give them away why do u want to trade your DS wheels for a set that will fit on your EX.Hiper has a 1 year warranty ! Do u see any alumnium wheel companys offering any warrantys! Their are only a few guys on this forum that talk bad about those wheels.Just take a look at Dana Creech, Chris Borich,& Matt Smiley just to name a few that I have seen in the magazines, and from what i've seen in the mag articals they say that they are an excellent choice.

Old 07-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Range Rover

It just doesn't make sense to me why u would want another set of those rims if you are in question with the quality of the the rim for your DS. If u are so against them then why would u like to still have a set for your EX . Your reasoning just doesn't add up to me.

Quick Reply: carbon fiber rims