CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

American Star/ Last Rebel Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 08:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BEWARE!

Reading through the past month's posts, I noticed American Star Racing has been mentioned a few times. As some of you might be new to ATVing, I think it is time for a reminder. American Star Racing is Last Rebel Racing. I don't want anyone to forget what Kip Kilburn, and his accomplices, did to us a couple years ago. Before purchasing an ASR product, I strongly suggest you do a forum search of Last Rebel to learn about this man's notorious ethics problem. Here's an example of what will be found: myurl. My hope is that we can nip it in the bud before this miscreant has a chance to strike again.

Mr. Kilburn is also doing ghost-branding. Alba Action Sports is selling Mr. Kilburn's A-arms under the Alba label (Alba is fully aware of his background-- shame on them!).

Let your conscience be your guide.

Old 06-22-2001, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

are they the ones responsible for the rebel star race quad?

Old 06-23-2001, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

I read the previous post and have some concerns with it. I have had conversations with Kip about what happened in the past and what direction his company is going in the future.

I would like to state that Mr. Kilburn is very interested in making things right with any Last Rebel customers that may feel they were due something still. He asured me that he did his best to return money and parts to all rightfull owners befor closing the doors to Last Rebel. The problems[as they were explained to me] stemmed from thieves inside his company and he took a great personal loss to compensate those that were stollen from.

American Star is NOT comprized of the same people although Kip is the owner. I understand that some customers may have a bad taste in there mouth from things that went wrong with Last Rebel, but to condemn the man that tried to make things right, and blast not only his new company but also companies that deal with him, doesn't seem fair. Alba Action has always seemed to stand behind products for me, and they find that American Star Racing is more dependable and higher quality than there previous supplier. That speaks highly in my book. I have there adjustable upper a-arms and am very impressed with them.

If you choose to not purchase these items due to the fact that your not comfortable with the owner of the company, then that is your right. I would hope that we could be open minded enough to let the new company, with new people, have a chance.

Old 06-28-2001, 01:31 AM
Range Rover

Yeah! I think it's the same company.

Old 07-03-2001, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately, I have a feeling Kip's going to get away with whatever his next scam is. Case in point - just look at the reply from Knutz. He seems to be an intelligent person, yet Kip has him completely hoodwinked. As Knutz suggested, keeping an open mind is a good idea... likewise for open eyes.

Same guy, same location, same business. All Kip had to do was:
1. Pick a new name (ASR documented as early as Dec. 1999 myurl)
2. Cease operations under the old name (LRR used until Jan. 2000)
3. Then pocket all the ill begotten gains obtained under the old name.
Simple, but it worked; all his victims are S.O.L.

Everyone can help by getting the word out to any riding buddies who may consider supporting this crook.
I hate it when the bad guys win.

Old 07-06-2001, 02:03 PM
Range Rover

If this Kip guy is so honest, how did he manage to start a new company while oweing money to previous customers? Settle your debts with previous business before starting a new one...When it comes to making restitution for mistakes, I have to quote Yoda..."there is no try, there is only do"Text

Old 09-11-2001, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I was actually "looking" at the American Star units. That is all I did though. The history of the company is definately an ingredient in my trailmix.
I have dealt with people like that before, if you give them another chance, you are going to lose again. The least he could have done was give it a 10 year rest, and come back when he has grown up and has some real business sense. (not just con artist sense)
I care about customer relations. Others may just go straight to the advertised price, but then, they usually end up complaining about the service. People are in business to make money, so there is going to be a trade off in the price war. (less service)

Old 09-11-2001, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

I continue to have nothing but good dealings with American Star Racing. If you trust your retailer, and they carry American Star, you sould have no worries. I hold my own business responsible if they were to fold up shop and dis appear. I also know that they do not ask for payment from me untill I have product in my hand or my customers hands. I actually have them sending me new arms[at no charge] for some of my customers due to an update that made them better. I again have to ask that a chance be given to a NEW company that has been showing good business dealings. Kip is the only person left from Last Rebel, and got stuck with making things up to customers after employees and partners did the stealing. To this day, he is still trying to ensure things are made right. Any customers that have legitimate claims of debt, should contact him to try to resolve them. Trust me, I'm the first one jump ship when I see crooked business dealings, ask a certain ATV shop here in Las Vegas[that also markets American Star Racing parts under there shops name]. I saw bad business practices from them and severed all business ties befor Team Pami's or Knutz Concepts reputation was damaged befor it even established. I can think of companies that deserve to be bashed, and maybe Last Rebel is one of them[I don't know, myself], but so far, American Star doesn't seem to be one of them. Just my opinion.