CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

QUEST 650

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i took a look at your picture and i really think that a quest 650 will look nice in your garage,have a nice day,,,,,,dan.....

Old 07-07-2001, 12:33 AM
Range Rover

How high up is the vent opening for the belt housing. Hate it when I get water in my belt. I love the regular traxter, but our stupid Wisconsin weight limit prevented me from purchasing one. I want a new Cat but if we raise our weight limit I would consider a Quest.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2001, 09:00 PM
Range Rover

Well,
I work at the local Bomb. dealership, and we had a Bomb. rep and one of the guys on the Baja Championship team come in today. They had 2 quests, 3 DS's, and 2 Traxters: the XT and the XL! We all got to ride them and let me tell you, that is one NICE quad! They said that the Quest pre-production model is a bit slower than the competition, but that is being worked on right now, and they hope to have it beating the big boys by production time. THe EBS on it is one of the best that I've ever ridden, and the turning radius on it was incrredible. Not only did it turn sharper than a Polarass, it was easier to turn too. We dragged it against the DS's, the DS's beat it, but you'd be surprised at how fast it goes. The weight ratio is excellent. We got it climbing some dirt hills in back and it wouldn't feel tipsy at all. Yes that low gear has some torque to it, and will pull quite a bit. I will definetly be pruchasing one of these units sometime.

Old 07-07-2001, 09:05 PM
ox
Pro Rider

Dan;

Yeah, I am the good lookin' guy from Ohio. OK, well also I snowchecked the 800 Highmark 2002. Think - red Dodge duelly with "Trailbreakers International" plastered all over the side of it.

Old 07-19-2001, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone have a quest 650 yet or see one for sale at a dealer?

Old 07-20-2001, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

What I want to know is how well this thing well do in the mud. It will should do as good as a traxter but, how good is that? I have never seen a traxter in the mud. They dont have a lot of Ground Clearance. I wish that they would have made the Quest with IRS! I am a die hard ski-doo fan and would love to own a Dirt-Doo [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] some day!

Old 07-20-2001, 10:18 AM
ox
Pro Rider

Rips;

I have heard (I don't read the mags) of a mag that tests all these machines through a certain pit. The only stock machines to ever make it through were a Sportsman and Traxter. Just what I heard.

Old 07-21-2001, 10:34 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our dealer received one this week. It's blue in colour and looks pretty sharp. I had the chance to ride it in their parking lot (not much of a test I must admit). The clutching is very smooth and the shifting H/L/N/R is very easy. The engine breaking is one of the best I have experienced. By riding it only in the parking lot, I cannot comment on the suspension. It idles with a pleasent rumble sound and seems to have a lot of torque. I hope that someone who has more time in the saddle than me would comment on their experience wiht this machine.......MJSTX

Old 07-21-2001, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

<< Rips;

I have heard (I don't read the mags) of a mag that tests all these machines through a certain pit. The only stock machines to ever make it through were a Sportsman and Traxter. Just what I heard.
>>

It was ATVConnection.com that said this. The only ATVS to make it threw the pit were the Magnum 500, Traxter XT, and Arctic Cat 500. Some that didn't make it were the Suzuki 500, Honda 450, and Wolverine.

Old 08-01-2001, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Got a chance to ride the Quest, and was impressed. It is much quicker than the Traxter. You only hear the belt a bit at idle. The Gear selector is
very smooth (P,R,N,H,L). I was told by the dealer it will probably be equal to the Traxter in pulling due the gearing.

Quick Reply: QUEST 650