CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Enviro-Nazis, Wilderness Alliance want to declare our riding area "roadless"

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've got this great, 15,000 acre piece of low mountain range, in the Gila National Forest, the "Burros", riddled with old mines, mining roads and trails, probably over 500 miles worth. Well guess what? Last weekend the Wilderness Alliance and a local environmental group UGWA, were out in force "mapping" existing roads, on foot with GPS's so they could present their case that this should be a designated "Roadless" area. I've spent the last 8 months tracking the roads and trails we ride with my Garmin e-map and uploading the tracks to a master map of all the trails. I am far from being done, though I have most of the main routes, there are many, many more trails to map. These SOB's come in and expect to get an idea of what's out there (or what isn't out there) in one day??
I've been doing this mapping for my own education and enjoyment, and knowing that this day would come. I have already contacted the local Forest Supervisor, with whom I've spoken before. I didn't want to show him my map till it was more complete, but at this point I think I may have to show him and explain that it is a work in progress. This is a small community and I know all the local players. Fortunately I have a "mole" who has provided me with this insider information. I think maybe a direct call to the Blue Ribbon Coalition is in order. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2001, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

You know what what I say? Screw. Them.

Old 07-28-2001, 06:39 AM
Trailblazer

Thank you Fourlix for your effort. Every rider on here should be replying to this post with either ideas, thanks, or offers of help regarding this issue. People need to WAKE UP or their will be zero public riding left with the exception of a few 50-acre "OHV parks". I too have been in contact with my local BLM and have done my best to get my input in regarding the bull$hit "roadless" nonsense. I'm willing to bet that over 75% of those who support this idiotic initiative have never spent 1 hour on BLM land. We all need to stick together to defeat this ridiculous idea once and for all.

Old 07-28-2001, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

Fourlix welcome to the war here are some people that can help http://responsiblerecreation.policy.net/,http://www.offroadalliance.org/ We all need to work together to fight the Enviro-*****. It is so bad here in California that the protected mountain lion are eating the endangered Desert Bighorn sheep. They have lock up 600,000 acres of land to any human activity. No more offloading i.e.: jeep, motorcycle, ATV, horseback riding or plain hiking. So we have an over population of a protected cats that are eating the endangered sheep so let remove the humans. Some time I have to hit my head against the wall to stop the pain. This is what we are up against. The more people we get together the better chance we have of fighting them. The Enviro-***** just don’t want are public lands that want the farms, ranches, mines even the home you live in if it is out side a major city. Like I said welcome to the war.

Bill