CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Broken Traxter Fuel Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has any one else had any problems with the fuel gauge on the Traxter breaking? I talked to my dealer and he said that nearly all of them that they have sold are now broken. Granted this isn't a huge issue, I find it rather annoying! I have talked with Bombarier and they claim that they know of no other failures. The dealer claims that the mechanical device break when the fuel is sloshed back-n-forth withing the tank.
If others have noticed this problem please let me know and I can give you the name and phone number of the individual that I have been talking to at Bombardier, and you can complain to them so that they can issue a recall and start to get this design error worked out.

Thanks for any input!

Ride On!

Old 08-06-2001, 11:53 AM
Range Rover

Grabs, Yep, mine spins and never shows the right amount. Also, on one of mine, the bubble is offset from the plastic around the gage so I can't see it now even if it was correct. Where are you from and who was your dealer ? Maybe we can ride together sometime. Always looking for new places to go.

Take care

Old 08-06-2001, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Fishbones,
Well thanks for the information about the gauge. If you are interested in contacting Bombardier to complain about the problem let me know and I will point you to the individual I have been dealing with. It really sounds like they need to redesign the gauge. As for my dealer, it was Mahowalds in New Prague. I really don't have any complaints with them, they have really helped me out alot in getting some things taken care of since my warranty expired end of March, but I only have 150 miles on my machine.

I am orginally from Shakopee, but I like in Hopkins now. I have been looking for places to ride. Let me know if you have any in mind.

Old 08-06-2001, 05:54 PM
Range Rover

Grabs, Lots of places to ride, so little time. I'll pass on the gas guage thing, not that important, but curious who your dealer was. We bought ours up north and very happy so far. With only 150 miles....man we have got to go. I've been to Red Top, Red Dot, St Croix, Iron River, WI, Land-O-Lakes, and private land. Always an adventure even if they are only 1 day shots. After August we'll have to hook up. Moving during August so very hard to go. E-mail is dctbmj@qwest.net, my name is Dave.