CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Powder Coating

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking that since I have the engine out of the old monster that I would get the frame powder coated I was thinking blue then using the black plastic I really like the way the frames look on the raptors thats the only good part about them!!!! Just kidding they are a good machine from what I have seen The whole reason for this is how much do ya think it will set me back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2001, 04:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That sounds like it'd look great to me. You may also consider the Team Alba Blue/Silver graphics kit they have for the DS. It's $220, (with the seat cover) and looks really sweet. I want one, but I'm having a hard time spending $220 on looks alone.

I must agree, as much as I dislike the stock layout of the Raptor (after a couple of grand in aftermarket parts, ANY quad is pretty nice) the metallic blue frame is bar none the best looking one I've ever seen. (I do have a bias towards metallic blue though, as it's the same color as my truck.) If opt to try the Alba graphics kit, you'll want to match the colors up so they look good together. (Frame and graphics.)

Old 10-17-2001, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

A translucent blue, like on the Raptor frame, will rum you between $300-$400[average price would be close to $400, but a really great price would be around $300]. That sort of color requires 3 coats of powder, a silver under coat, translucent blue, and then a clear coat over the top. I'm getting mine done in a similar coating, but mine will be purple.

Old 10-17-2001, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Knutz,
I got the polished battery shield pics up on my sight.
http://www.delphi.com/ds650
Take a look. Let me know if you or anyone else want one
Later

Old 10-17-2001, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

knutz does that price include stripping the paint?

Old 10-17-2001, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Yes

Old 10-18-2001, 12:44 AM
Range Rover

I have a small business. DDRecreation coating. I specialize in quads and other motor cycles. I have done a few complete bikes for approximately $450. Thats frame, swing arm, A-arms, calipers, stearing stem, spindles, hubs and misc brackets. The catch is you have to dissasemble the bike and parts.(complete) Or the labor price goes way up.I prefer that the customer let me do the final cleaning and stripping.Thats included in the $450.My personal Bomb is in the shop for a almost chrome base coat and a translucent red over the top. It looks a lot deeper and ritcher than the Raptor coat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have found that the powder coat holds up very well.

Old 09-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Powder Coating

I just purchased a home powder coating setup from Eastwood and was wondering if you had any tips or tricks for the beginners. I would appriciate all help you can give me. THanks

Old 09-27-2003, 03:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Powder Coating

Heres a good source of info for wannabe powder coaters...HERE!

Old 09-27-2003, 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Powder Coating

Man, talk about digging up an OLD thread! This thing is two years old! hahaha it's really funny to read what I typed two years ago! Good luck with the powder coating. You might PM Gaskett - he's been going nuts with powder coating lately.

Quick Reply: Powder Coating