CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

A sad day for the DS650

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let me guess you are the grandest champion of all time.HOORAY you get a cookie.

Old 12-02-2001, 10:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks for the cookie jimbo

Old 12-03-2001, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

More of round two at Aledo that was left out. The real winner was a bone stock 01 Raptor right out of storage. The first race it even took 14mins and the ds' were close but no cigars for them either. There were a few more races and the results were the same so I put it back up on the trailer. Wish it would have had a pipe, air box and jetting to really take all doupt out of the question of what kicks A$$. I am amazed at how stock Raptors were performing against the DS. The DS' were fast and when they got out of the hole good the races were closer. They were not what you could say were stock setups though as 14mins post their mods. We could have run all night but we could not see the finish line so we decided we would continue this subject next weekend. The fun never stops. BRING ON THE YELLOW. I think I will go to a 14 39???? set up on the stocker to see if there is enought pasture to top it out. To be serious the DS' did real good, won a few and have a sound you can hear a long way off with the pipes they had. We look forward to getting out soon and running again. The fun that was had cannot be bought. LOOKIN for some hot banshees to join the fun, We are gluttins for punishment and love it.

Old 12-03-2001, 12:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Raptorrrc-you seem to forget that chris is good for 4 quad lengths regardless of what quad he is on.

Old 12-03-2001, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Oh yes we love the punishment!!

Old 12-03-2001, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Idont know but on the long drags maybe the trailer queen should have been brought back out to save the day for Yamaha...but what do I know my whole racing thing went down the tubes this afternoon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2001, 12:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Rooster- why are you not crowing? i AM GLAD you both got home okay after sucking my exhaust all evening. After seeing a few of these post the fumes have gone to the brain cells. I KNOW i made mr. yamaguci proud!!!! I was not there all day as you stated in the yama forum-but i seem to recall only ( one) loss in the short drags and NONE in the long drags to my YELLOW brothers. That "trailer queen" did sneak up on me ONCE. It is on tape and all i can say is i am more worried about the "trailer queen" that the YELLOW BROTHER. We have a week until round three. I WILL BE READY!!!!!

Old 12-03-2001, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Hurycne was 14mins so far ahead of you that you did not know he was there or what? I have a lot of video that shows you pulling up the rear long behind the rest. Roostin was doing good to hold up the rep of the DS but you did not give very much support when it it cam down to the finish line. Maybe next week you will have the bugs worked out. Roostin did have some good races with geared down Raptors but the stocker or 14mins took the wins when all got a good start.

Old 12-03-2001, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

I beg to differ the differece today. I believe i saved the yellow from a defeat by kraptor city. What is it about the yellow ones? They just seem to be faster!! (TODAY) I stole the crown back for team yellow.Oh refering to the trailer quad, pulled off the trailer, once maybee twice raced, got me by 6", put on trailer fast when i beat it the second time. I guess it couldnt get dirty. For every body else, i dont remember losing two many today(NO AMNESIA HERE). 14mins got me once(EXPECTED,THAT DAMN KRAPTOR IS FAST) but then he just quit,I think he knew he was the catfish that was fixing to get reeled in. So to put it short ,3 kraptors,1 banshee,1 400ex,1 blaster, DOWN AND 1 kraptor togo(PLUS THE SUPER BADGER, DAMN ITS THE FASTEST QUAD THERE) Signed, RAPTOR EATER

Old 12-03-2001, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

LETS HOPE YOULL BE READY 14mins, I would hate to see you get reeled in.

Quick Reply: A sad day for the DS650