CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

A sad day for the DS650

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001, 08:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hurrycne and Roostenonyou went down today at the hands of the mighty Raptor. Four Raptors, one Banshee, two DS650s, a 400EX and a 300EX had a play day at my house. One thing led to another...drag races began. We ran approximately 60 times and the mighty DS650 only managed to win two times. The DS650s, one of them, had a Ron Woods CDI box, Ron Woods pipe, jetted, etc. The other one had a big gun full exhaust, smaller counter-sprocket, and was slower than the other DS650. SO WHERE ARE THE FAST DS650S??

Hurrycne and Rooster have two hours to figure out how to reply to this post, being as how that is how long it will take them to get home from our track, but as they were leaving, I kept hearing them talk about mail ordering parts.

We had a lot of fun and met two more riders for the future sand dune trips, etc.

The fastest Raptor (that would be mine) has a GYRT slip-on, Pro Flow air box, jetted, and a 12-2 sprocket.

One stock Raptor with a 12-2 sprocket generally ran neck and neck with them. The Banshee sucked. It's a 2001 model, stock.

WE HAVE THIS ON VIDEOTAPE! HOPEFULLY RAPTORRRC CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST THE PICTURES ON THE INTERNET.

We just had a blast and look forward to riding with ya'll again, and some more friendly competition, until I lose, then I will order more parts. See ya tomorrow!

Old 12-01-2001, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Good for u on the win.Guess what somewhere anywhere somebody will always be faster/better rider.that's just the way life is. The key is just to go out and have fun, i have walked on raptors before then had my *** handed to me by a banshee 10 mins later.Big Deal.I still had fun riding and so did they.It's not a sad day for DS650. Our trannys/carbs/axles are still in tact and we will live to fight another day. ohh btw you have a great way to make new riding buddies,invite them to YOUR track then bash them on both a yama and bomber board. there is such a thing as a sore wiener. later tool second gear is a beyotch to replace call 1-800-yam-prob for outstanding tech support. All they will say is rider abuse and foot you with a 1200 bill. ron wood stage one kit costs that much and adds 38% horses and 44% torque. i'll invest wisely.

"nuff said"

Old 12-01-2001, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

I'll meet you at Little Sahara any time. I have a pipe, rev box, k&n, and gearing and I have never had a Raptor anywhere near me. So don't wonder where the fast DS's are because you will go broke ordering parts for that thing to try to keep up. Just stay in your forum where you guys are all the fastest in the country.

Old 12-01-2001, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

You guys need to learn how to take a joke! You can bash the Raptor all day long, but if anyone states the truth about a DS losing, hell's fire burns hotter! 14mins isn't boasting, or bashing the DS. He's just humorously saying that some friends of his, RoostinOnYou, and Hurrycne lost to his Raptor. Simple as that. Maybe it's an "inside" joke kinda thing?? Get it?

Old 12-01-2001, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

you guys need to calm down. Balive it or not the ds is beatable, and the raptor is a formidable apponent. I have to balive that his post was just in good fun, and probobly to poke a little fun at his freinds.

Old 12-01-2001, 11:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

calm down everyone. Rooster and hurycane came to the yamaha forum last week talking trash. I invited them down and a good time was had by all. Nothing wrong with some compitition. Anyway rooster was talking about more parts, and once his ds650 is clearly faster i will order more. This is the beggining of some new riding friends. Anybody is welcome to come and play. Thier friend who could not make it today has a alchol banshee that i know would clearly smoke me and that does not bother me. Chill.Will race for good time.

Old 12-02-2001, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

This is how it went. Yes we were dragging...about 60 runs is right; after that the real fun began. We all lined up and the loser was eliminated. First was the 400EX, then Bob's son' Raptor, then the banshee, then Roostin's Ds650, that left me and 14min. This showdown went two out of three. The Ds650 was the last man one standing. Now that is on video and can not be disputed. Ill give it to 14min his is one of the fastest Raptors I have seen and he did pull off many victories but when all the pride was on the line it was not a Raptor on top but his yellow 4 stroke counsin. By the way there is still another day of riding to go so this evaluation is not over by far![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] 3 Raptors down 1 to go. I love running down wild quads.

Old 12-02-2001, 01:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

hurycane is right, i did let down mr. yamaguci once or twice, but i did win the majority. Never said i won them all. My raptor is still undefeated when bob's son was the driver. I should of let him run the finals. A good time was had by all and anyone is invited to play. Hurycane, i probably won't be around until 10;30 sun. I don't know about bob. Open the gate and come on in.

Old 12-02-2001, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you guys had fun. The trash talking has to be expected, and taken in the light hearted nature it was intended. Raptor720 and I get into it the same way all the time, but we haven't gotten the chance to meet. I've spoken with him and respect the inteligence that he brings forward[even if he isn't bright enough to figure out what quad to ride, LOL]. Those of you that get upset with the trash taking, need to lighten up.

By the way, I just came home fron the Las Vegas 200 [Best in The Desert Race]. Guess what won the Expert class in convincing style? A bone stock DS650! Nothing but a slip on. This thing still had stock shocks on it! OH, wait, it did have A-Arms on it, stock width though. A cannondale finished second, 10-15 minutes behind. $3000 worth of shocks, honda front end, and a pipe. I left well after the race, and no Raptors had finished in the expert class yet.

Old 12-02-2001, 08:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

round 2- ??????????????????????? It happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A good time was had by all. Having a big place to ride and a track at my house has many benifits. I have met a lot of fellow atv enthusists to ride and shoot the bs with. I have also been able to ride some other quads. I have put some seat time on the ds650. (ds stands for did not succeed, not dip stick) while it is not the quad for me, i see why the big guys like them so much. In the 2 days that we rode, there were no part breakage amoung the 660 or the 650. The only failure came from the honda camp. At one point we had 13 high performance quads riding. make that 12 my boy's badger is not included. We would like to do this in the future if others are interested. It is all about fun, and i had plenty.

My post last night saying the banshee sucked was not 100 percent right. The banshee owner was letting a friend that does not have my riding time behind the wheel. It fared much better today.

I will let my new friends post the results from today.

Quick Reply: A sad day for the DS650