CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS pipe dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has any one compared dynos on full pipes, slip on or modde end caps. I hear on the raptor the useable power is better on the slip on than on the full replacement. HP shows to be the same.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2001, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

I have, and found the opposite with the DS. A good slip on can make the same peak HP numbers as a full pipe, but the power band is slighly narrower. I have been trying to get to the dyno this week to test end caps, but have been swamped and not made it yet.

Old 12-21-2001, 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

HEYS Guys if some one wanted to send me a modified end cap with a stock
pie i could run it on the dyno and compare it to the big gun,ron woods,
graydon.i have all three and the use of a dyno.and i could care less what the results would be.so that would make me impartial.i would send dyno reading to someone smart enough to post them for you guy's to see.
i just ain't that computor smart.

Old 12-22-2001, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

I have the modified end cap with stock pipe, stock end cap with stock pipe, Big Gun, Ron Woods Racing, and results from my test of a Graydon. Unless someone things that I'm not going to be honest, I'll have the results in January. I don't see what I might gain if I'm not honest, it's not like I make exhausts, and if the end caps don't do well, I won't be making them either.

Old 12-22-2001, 03:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

no one say's your not honest knutz it was just an offer standard buisness independent result. i do it all the time so im not saying what my products dose some one else is saying how awsome my products
are not me.[but i take it back im taking my dyno and going home ]lol.

Old 12-28-2001, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I thought I was doing pretty well with my homemade end-cap. Santa brought my son a new HMF Quiet Core Slip-on for his 660 Raptor. Now he's both faster and quieter than me and my DS. He has a significant weight advantage as he only weighs 90 lbs. I used to be able to tie him on a good run, now he's three lengths ahead, with a stock air box. HMF said they can do the same for the DS. I had tried the HMF slip-on but sent it back because it was too loud. Fit and Finish were excellent.
......There are too many choices if you like it loud. Not enough if you don't want to bother the neighbors, and sometimes, where we ride, stealth mode is a real good idea. If the HMF Quiet Core gets me back to a tie situation with my lil' bud, I will consider that a good dyno test.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]